Motorola KRZR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Motorola KRZR

I just bought a KRZR. My RAZR V3i had a crack in the screen so I decided to will it to someone, but mainly it was just an impulse purchase.

The KRZR seems to be pretty much the same as the RAZR, but not as wide. It has a nicer camera with a 8X zoom. It uses the same Motorola Phone tools software which is nice. It has an improved UI as well. Otherwise it seems pretty much the same as the RAZR.

My V3i had Itunes, but this one doesn't. I have no idea why and I don't care as I use an Ipod for music anyway.

Anyone else have one of these KRZR's?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty much every MOTO is the same nowadays. They give them a SNZY name and hope PEPL will purchase them. Just look at the RAZR; same phone for the past 3 years., but make it PRPL or PINK and people go gaga over it. They are seriously lacking in the innovation DEPT. I played with a GSM KRZR last night, and it reminded me why I don't like Motorola. Compared to a current generation SonyEricsson or Nokia it is at least 5 years behind. Add a 3.2mp camera, Symbian support, decent 3G, radio with RDS, 1Gb memorystick, a GOOD music and video player and they may catch up... I did leave the store with a TyTN though.... why on earth HTC decided to copy that stupid naming system is beyond me...
Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ScottC
They are seriously lacking in the innovation DEPT.
And yet seriously rolling in the cash dept. They invented (or introduced rather) Pink. The lesson learned (rather slowly) by the entire industry is Pink means $$$$. Who knew girls like pink?

I was thinking of the new sliding Nokia which looks cool, but since I have everything setup with Moto Phone tools on my laptop, I wanted to stick to Moto. I pretty much only use my phone for voice and SMS anyway.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Pretty much every MOTO is the same nowadays. They give them a SNZY name and hope PEPL will purchase them. Just look at the RAZR; same phone for the past 3 years., but make it PRPL or PINK and people go gaga over it. They are seriously lacking in the innovation DEPT. I played with a GSM KRZR last night, and it reminded me why I don't like Motorola. Compared to a current generation SonyEricsson or Nokia it is at least 5 years behind. Add a 3.2mp camera, Symbian support, decent 3G, radio with RDS, 1Gb memorystick, a GOOD music and video player and they may catch up... I did leave the store with a TyTN though.... why on earth HTC decided to copy that stupid naming system is beyond me...
Hey Scott, are you playing with these neat fones at a store in the Chicagoland area? If so, where?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:18 am

What brand/model do you think is currently the best? I am in the market for a spare phone for my UK SIM and your opinion means a lot!

Kibison
Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kibison
What brand/model do you think is currently the best? I am in the market for a spare phone for my UK SIM and your opinion means a lot!

Kibison
A personal favorite at the moment is the Samsung X820:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=970

Ultra thin, Bluetooth, EDGE, 2MP camera, 80Mb memory. All for just over $200!
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
A personal favorite at the moment is the Samsung X820:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=970

Ultra thin, Bluetooth, EDGE, 2MP camera, 80Mb memory. All for just over $200!

How do you like the TyTN? I ordered an E61 yesterday and am deciding whether to get a TyTN to replace my Dell X50v.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
How do you like the TyTN? I ordered an E61 yesterday and am deciding whether to get a TyTN to replace my Dell X50v.
Its good. Much faster than my MDA, better camera, better Wifi, better keyboard, scrollwheel, ok and windows buttons, 3G (sadly useless on T-mo), brighter screen etc... Only real downside is the price, but I can live with that.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:16 pm

Its good. Much faster than my MDA, better camera, better Wifi, better keyboard, scrollwheel, ok and windows buttons, 3G (sadly useless on T-mo), brighter screen etc... Only real downside is the price, but I can live with that.
That does it. Ordering one tomorrow.

I love my Treo 700w for here in the States. Might as well be a rock in the rest of the world though. Im out of the country a fair amount. I was thinking of getting a Dash but that really doesnt have the functionality of the Treo. With the keyboard the TyTn I figure can even be more of a laptop replacement here in the States as opposed to the Dash. Now I need to work up the courage to get an X820. They look soooo nice.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That does it. Ordering one tomorrow.

I love my Treo 700w for here in the States. Might as well be a rock in the rest of the world though. Im out of the country a fair amount. I was thinking of getting a Dash but that really doesnt have the functionality of the Treo. With the keyboard the TyTn I figure can even be more of a laptop replacement here in the States as opposed to the Dash. Now I need to work up the courage to get an X820. They look soooo nice.
X820 at $219 is amazing value. EDGE and 2MP at that price is just great. It also features TV out but I couldn't find the TV cable in the box...

Of course, with the TyTn being able to use it in Japan is also awesome.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
And yet seriously rolling in the cash dept. They invented (or introduced rather) Pink. The lesson learned (rather slowly) by the entire industry is Pink means $$$$. Who knew girls like pink?
You got that right. My gf bought two different phones on the weekend, purely because they were cute and pink - the way she talks she can probably use both of them at the same time though, so probably not a wasted purchase.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:31 pm

X820 at $219 is amazing value. EDGE and 2MP at that price is just great. It also features TV out but I couldn't find the TV cable in the box...

Of course, with the TyTn being able to use it in Japan is also awesome.
Im seeing prices on the X820 from upper $200s to mid $300s.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im seeing prices on the X820 from upper $200s to mid $300s.
I got it in store. They usually have good prices on stuff. Their on-web retail price is $239 but in store they'll usually cut you a better price.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
You got that right. My gf bought two different phones on the weekend, purely because they were cute and pink - the way she talks she can probably use both of them at the same time though, so probably not a wasted purchase.
I LUV my pink RAZR! Only have one though - chatter enough to warrant two........ gotta run to the store....
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
STLL BTTR?

Couldn't RZST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.