Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone Identity Crisis

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
iPhone Identity Crisis

I had my iPhone 3GS for a year or so, and had it set up on my home computer. Then my wife got a new iPhone 4. When I plugged it in to set it up it immediately tried to sync itself to mine. When my wife tries to sign in to iTunes, her phone thinks its mine. When I recently upgraded to iOS5 I had the same problem.

Any idea how to set up two iPhones on one computer and keep them separate? Thx in advance for any advice.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:26 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Any idea how to set up two iPhones on one computer and keep them separate? Thx in advance for any advice.
Set up separate logins on your computer - one for your wife, one for you.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I had my iPhone 3GS for a year or so, and had it set up on my home computer. Then my wife got a new iPhone 4. When I plugged it in to set it up it immediately tried to sync itself to mine. When my wife tries to sign in to iTunes, her phone thinks its mine. When I recently upgraded to iOS5 I had the same problem.

So it sounds like when you first connected it to itunes, instead of setting it up as a new device, you let it restore itself from the other iphone's settings?

Read and follow these instructions to back everything up and set it up as a new iphone in itunes:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.