Wiki Posts
Search

Windows Live Mail

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Internaut

As others have said above though, it isn't really an improvement on Hotmail Classic and is light years behind Google who have put the overall usability of their own product before making it look pretty.
As much as I hate the new Hotmail I can't agree with your assessment. Hotmail is light years ahead of Gmail in that you can move items into user-assigned folders. I think there is even a way to do this automatically.

No question that Gmail has some useful features, i.e. it works great on my sprint web browser (requiring fewer keystrokes than hotmail to view and delete messages) but it is deficient in other ways, as more fully detailed in Walt Mossberg's WSJ review.

I have yet to see a web-based email program that is "light years" ahead of the competition.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 5:21 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

Aggg. They upgraded this POS with a new look and feel today and it no longer works with Firefox for me. Anyone else?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by auh2o
Aggg. They upgraded this POS with a new look and feel today and it no longer works with Firefox for me. Anyone else?
I have FF ver 1.5.0.7 and it works just fine for me.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:33 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, John, I believe so. As I'd said:

It has been much better, at least inasmuch as I've personally seen, in recent months.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...5&page=2&pp=15
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow...now THAT'S an interesting look and feel!! (Can you tell I log into my WL Mail about once every two months?) On the upside, I have been admitted to the Soapbox beta, which appears to be the video piece that Windows Live Spaces was missing (although I can't tell right now if they are integrated).

The whole thing that makes Windows Live compelling to me is if all of the pieces integrate together well. As all of the betas evolve, that's what I'm looking for more than anything. I'm somewhat new to most of these products - beyond email and messenger - so it's still a learning curve for me. Ray Ozzie talks about a simpler, less complex Microsoft that is easier to use. OK, cool, show me!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:46 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

This POS email system just popped up one of those Ticketmaster type windows where it wanted me to input 8 fuzzy letter/numbers to verify an action. ...? I gotta get rid of Hotmail.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 8:38 am

Live mail has not worked well for me either. Opted out and went back to regular MSN hotmail. Live mail was filtering out all of my inbound e-faxes (although added as a safe sender), and I was getting tons of spam in my inbox. Typical MS POS app. Yahoo mail is much more reliable for me, even in its beta form. I had hoped MS would pull their collective heads out with Vista, but it looks like there's even more reason now to start thinking about Mac.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.