Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Best WAP sites for mobile phones?

Best WAP sites for mobile phones?

Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone tried Opera Mini?

I am using it with a 3G Sony Ericsson K600i, and displays pages well. May help the viewing of HTML-lite pages?
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:02 am

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Originally Posted by vachataboon
Google local and/or maps slowly becoming available on most new phones and carriers.

www.google.com/glm

For PDA's:
www.maps.google.com
This one (in addition to wireless FlyerTalk).is the absolute best. Great way to play with the EDGE speeds!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 1:02 pm

Inspired by this thread, I am pleased to announce Go With Rob - a new wap site especially for all YOU flytalkers with phones! It’s simple, easy and FREE to use! It includes links to the best travel wap sites, and is a one-stop shop for all the major airlines’ wap sites (as discussed on this thread). And, by focusing just on travel info, you can get what you want, when you want it.

So, for lots of travel information (including some must-have phone numbers), bookmark on your phone http://tagtag.com/gowithrob

I’d also like you to tell me what YOU want. It’s your wap site and it's ready to grow, so please email your comments and/or suggestions to Rob at [email protected]

"Before you check in, check out Go With Rob!"

(Please note that Go With Rob is currently in a beta stage of development and therefore includes tagtag advertising. It is free to access and use during this trial stage, however operator charges may still apply.)

Last edited by robertgarner; Mar 14, 2006 at 3:32 pm Reason: Edited for greater clarity
Old Mar 31, 2006, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by robertgarner
Inspired by this thread, I am pleased to announce Go With Rob - a new wap site especially for all YOU flytalkers with phones! It’s simple, easy and FREE to use! It includes links to the best travel wap sites, and is a one-stop shop for all the major airlines’ wap sites (as discussed on this thread). And, by focusing just on travel info, you can get what you want, when you want it.
Why not post the useful wap sites in this thread? That's what it's for.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:21 pm

(For BlackBerry users) http://wap.blackberryforums.com
Old Apr 13, 2006, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by PremEx
Wirelessly posted (MOT-8720_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.104 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Indeed it does.
Not for me. All I got was:

<html>
-
<head>
<title>FlyerTalk</title>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1; url=http://gallery.flyertalk.com/wap/login.php?PHPSESSID=01f4c632aebe8f7102aab2760a3604 07"/>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="./WiStyles/XHTML-MP/default/template/wiforums.css" type="text/css"/>
</head>
<body/>
</html>
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:01 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Yet another Wap portal site

Credit to Treocentral

"Easy Access to Information for the Mobile Traveler™-"

Mobile Travel Aide

seems to be pretty good-good listing for airline sites

Enjoy
\\//\\//
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
Has anyone tried Opera Mini?

I am using it with a 3G Sony Ericsson K600i, and displays pages well. May help the viewing of HTML-lite pages?
I use opera mini:

http://www.opera.com/products/mobile/operamini/

I love it. I can check any web page as it automatically converts pages to fit the screen of your phone.
Old May 2, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: TG Gold, NW Gold and various other bits of plastic...
Helsinki Journey Planner

I was using this last week and was reminded how useful it is:

http://aikataulut.ytv.fi/reittiopas-pda/en/

Journey planner for public transport in the Helsinki area. Tell it where you want to go from and to and it gives you three options
Old May 2, 2006, 7:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8125: HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Got a new device today and where do I go first? FlyerTalk of course!

Great lists, BTW... ^

Last edited by SchmutzigMSP; May 2, 2006 at 7:42 pm
Old May 5, 2006, 5:57 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
One that a few FT members might be interested in:

http://www.flyertalk.com/wap/

Dell Axim not supported.
Old May 9, 2006, 9:03 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
My company as part of its divestiture from a Fortune 200 parent, recently outsourced their BlackBerry Enterprise server and Lotus Notes email hosting. As part of this process, all BB users had to re-format and re-activate their devices.

Well this was like a magic event for my 7290. Suddenly I can access multiples more websites then under the old server structure, and the graphics are far improved ^ . While FT worked OK previously, now it looks better and runs faster. Most other sites I visited before and now, are way better from a graphics and speed standpoint. I have a sneaky feeling our old parent company had dumbed down our BlackBerry service, for their own self-centered reasons.

P.S. Of course United's horrid WAP site is still as useless is in the past .
Old May 10, 2006, 7:40 pm

Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Does anybody have a good phone directory site? I don't want to cough up a buck to call information.
Old May 15, 2006, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by MastaHanky
Wirelessly posted (HTC-8100/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Does anybody have a good phone directory site? I don't want to cough up a buck to call information.
800-free-411.

Last time I called, did not even get an advert message!

You can also plug the business name into google (assuming you have internet on your phone) and it will usually come up with the tel # on the 1st page of results.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Dell Axim not supported.
I have a T-Mobile MDA with Windows Mobile and IE and I can't go to www.flyertalk.com/wap, either. I get rerouted to the graphics heavy help page. Anyone know why this is or how I can fix it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.