Search

Anker E5 Power Supply

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Anker E5 Power Supply

I puchased this 2 years ago, and it seemed to work well to keep my phone charged inflight. I've used it about 3 or 4 times.. not very much, though I have carried it with me.

Before I need to use it I always put it on the charger to make sure I have 3 blue lights (fully charged). The last time I used it, even with the blue lights, it did not keep my phone charged.

Any ideas what may be wrong? Do I need to buy something else? Perhaps I need to use it only to charge the phone and not necessarily keep it charged while using.

I'm looking at another longish flight with no in-seat power (thanks UA) even in F.

This is the link... it is now not available https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:06 am

Your phone might draw more than the charger can deliver while in use. My iPhone SE connected to an iPad 2.4 amp charger will draw around 1.8 amps while in use. You'll either see a slight charge, break even, or slight discharge if the battery is delivering it's rated capacity. As they age, the batteries lose some capabilities, and the tech keeps improving. Amazon has them on sale often for $10-$15. Remember, 2 is 1, 1 is none while travelling.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Got it. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.