Sprint Global Roaming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sprint Global Roaming

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Sprint Global Roaming

I searched to see if anyone had posted this, and didn't find any. Basically they are matching T Mobile Global 2g with a US plan.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/servi...:globalroaming
Old May 25, 2017, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
They also said you can opt in to high-speed data pass at full LTE speed with no overage charges.

It's $2 a day or $10 a week in Canada and Mexico, $5/day or $25/week in "most other" locations, $10/day and $50/week in China.

$25 for a week unlimited might not be too bad.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:19 pm

Used it in Canada last week and got free Unlimited LTE data.
In Japan now and also getting free Unlimited LTE data.
I have Sprint Unlimited domestic data plan.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
2G on a GN 4 in Scandinavia, Iceland, and Russia last month. T Mo was better.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:50 pm

I have a lot of incoming calls on my mobile, with this plan, what is the cost of taking incoming calls abroad?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I used this while in Tanzanis and UK earlier in the year. Calls worked fine at .20$, and data roaming worked fine albeit slow. Google maps worked fine, albeit slow (I did download maps in advance) and texting worked and whatsapp, email, etc.

but, in the end I cancelled this sprint plan (was my corporate then business number and plan on SERO) after uh, 17 years. They just couldn't get coverage up in my area (bay area) and there are now even cheaper options than SERO
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Airpoint
I have a lot of incoming calls on my mobile, with this plan, what is the cost of taking incoming calls abroad?
It's $0.20 per minute in covered countries. If you have unlimited plan, might be $0.00 per minute in Canada and Mexico
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Geez we get screwed in Canada with our plans.

My plan charges me $5 a day when in the US, and $10 per day international.

After 10 days it's free for the rest of the 30 day cycle. No charge for texting or calls though......just data overages.
MDFFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by KDS777
Geez we get screwed in Canada with our plans.

My plan charges me $5 a day when in the US, and $10 per day international.

After 10 days it's free for the rest of the 30 day cycle. No charge for texting or calls though......just data overages.
I think that is what Verizon is charging. Boy we forget how much better things are now that now that a couple of years ago when it was 15 cents a kilobyte to roam.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Great experience roaming in New Zealand on the Spark network. The high-speed pass had good speed, the free 2G data was too slow for anything except receiving email (sans contents and attachments). 10/10 would roam again
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Great experience roaming in New Zealand on the Spark network. The high-speed pass had good speed, the free 2G data was too slow for anything except receiving email (sans contents and attachments). 10/10 would roam again
What were your speeds on the high speed pass?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by msp3
your speed was only 10 down and up?

how much was the pass and how much data could you use?

could you also tether?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:51 pm

Just FYI I was able to tether in Japan, Canada, Central and South America.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
What were your speeds on the high speed pass?
Sorry didn't save a screenshot and now it's been a few months don't exactly recall either...

Originally Posted by wco81
your speed was only 10 down and up?

how much was the pass and how much data could you use?

could you also tether?
I meant "10/10 would ______ again" as in the internet meme... High-speed pass was $25 for the week we were there or some nominal price, I was just amazed at how cheap and practical roaming is nowadays. Don't recall amount of data used, but it was effectively unlimited for our purposes (too busy seeing NZ to be streaming any TV shows). Didn't try hotspot unfortunately since we only brought phones, when roaming in Japan (unlimited on SoftBank for $5/mo) I recall it worked.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:35 pm

Another data point. Was in Japan this past summer. Didn't get $5 Japan plan as I used to previous years. Had high speed LTE for no additional cost with speeds as high as 75 Mbs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.