Refurbished Note 7's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refurbished Note 7's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Dirt
If I were Samsung, I would be more worried about if the company head, and in effect the company, will survive the bribery charges. The previous company head was convicted twice but avoided jail time via presidential pardons. This time, the chaebol is connected to former President Park who just got impeached. I doubt the current acting president or the new president to be elected next month will pardon him. The new administration will want to distance themselves from the Park administration.

Bribery is just how businesses are done in Asia. Samsung would not have gotten to where they are now without greasing palms along the way.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The S8 is to be announced today. In anticipation, the Samsung retail store in Singapore burned down last night.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Yes, only a few actually burst into flames,
If you call over a hundred in the first month "a few". At a rate thousands of times higher than any other device on the market. I saw a report of one iPhone fire in 2015. And another one in 2016. Practically the same...
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPRich
If you call over a hundred in the first month "a few". At a rate thousands of times higher than any other device on the market. I saw a report of one iPhone fire in 2015. And another one in 2016. Practically the same...
I never knew over a hundred exploded, from what I had read, the number was below a hundred.
Over a hundred sounds a bit.... exaggerated.

As for the iPhone fires, well I don't know where you got your reports, but there was definitely more than one fire.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

The S8 is to be announced today. In anticipation, the Samsung retail store in Singapore burned down last night.
At least poor customer support doesn't get the store smashed up....
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:58 am

will the Airlines allow you to bring them on board ?

And how cheap will they be ?

Samsung needs to re-brand them...... maybe call them Hindenburg
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Too bad Amazon has already trademarked "Fire."
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
There was definitely a design problem with the Note 7. Anyone who claims otherwise is deluded. It is true that every device has a few that will burn, though. And it will take only one of these refurb Note 7's to create a major headache for Samsung. Further, you just know that at least some people will be intentionally trying to make them burn.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Over a hundred sounds a bit.... exaggerated.
Feel free to take your skepticism up with CPSC. And the Samsung Corporation. Links are in the article.

While CNET tends to hear about just a few exploding devices each year, Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 has caught fire as many as 112 times after only one month on sale.

(That's based on official tallies of 92 incidents in the US, plus at least 17 in Korea, 1 in Taiwan and 2 in Australia.)

Update, September 15, 2016 at 2:00p.m. PT: Updated tally with official US incident count from the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Incidents/Injuries:

Samsung has received 92 reports of the batteries overheating in the U.S.
Samsung says it received 92 reports of batteries in the popular smartphone overheating in the U.S.,
But in a world of thruthiness, I suppose the fact that it "sounds...exaggerated" is enough for some.

I'm open to your factual, substantiated data of iPhones catching fire, not due to misuse. I haven't found it. Yes, I validate data before I post.

Last edited by CPRich; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.