baseball cap/hidden cam - opinions sought

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

baseball cap/hidden cam - opinions sought

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:27 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Is that the posh one just north of Selfridges? I walk by that all the time and it looks super cool
It is indeed - Spymaster

M
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:58 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Possibly too late, but my cousin owns a well-known 'Spy' store in London which probably sells these things - I'd need to message him and ask.

Did you find one, or should I ask him his advice?

M
Too late in so far as I bought one off Amazon, but not too late in so far as it proved that the principle is excellent, but the actual quality of the one I got was not as good as I'd like.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be grateful if you could get an opinion from him for a good quality spycam baseball cap, budget up to say $300. [One I bought cost about $65]

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Too late in so far as I bought one off Amazon, but not too late in so far as it proved that the principle is excellent, but the actual quality of the one I got was not as good as I'd like.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd be grateful if you could get an opinion from him for a good quality spycam baseball cap, budget up to say $300. [One I bought cost about $65]

Thanks
Sure thing.

I'll ping my cousin an email tomorrow and ask.

M
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I'd be recording on the street, in public places, where there is no 'expectation of privacy'. In addition, I'm going to very non-lawyered-up places.
The "no expectation of privacy" clause is a US court decision. Definitely doesn't apply to other countries, which is why on Google Earth many addresses are blurred, especially in Europe

As far as cameras go, I just keep my Samsung Note 4 in my front pocket or rear pocket, camera facing out. Far less conspicuous and if for some reason there becomes a legality issue, accidental activation is far easier to justify (butt-dialed the camera) than wearing a purpose-built hidden camera.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.