Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATT International and Speed Test

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

ATT International and Speed Test

I am grandfathered on ATTvs unlimited international data plan. I am currently in the US and am pulling speeds like 3mps down and up. Using a TMobile SIM in the same phone and I'm pulling ten times that. Is anyone else similarly situated experiencing a slow down?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:27 pm

You are on a old plan so they are probably rate limiting it when the cell site is at capacity. You are also de-prioritized against others on limited plans...
Old Mar 21, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I am sure that I am rate limited. I don't know whether I am de-prioritized or not. My ping time is not awful. I do, however, find it frustrating that I am a very high dollar spend with ATT and am being treated as a second class citizen.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
I am sure that I am rate limited. I don't know whether I am de-prioritized or not. My ping time is not awful. I do, however, find it frustrating that I am a very high dollar spend with ATT and am being treated as a second class citizen.
Don't think AT&T cares. I spent over $500 a month on AT&T and when I called to ask what they could offer me to stop me from switching to Verizon and they said they have nothing to match. This was when Verizon has the free iPhone 7 and a better unlimited plan.

You would think they would offer some kind of discount or free phone or anything at all, but they transferred me to retention and retention said they have absolutely nothing. But if I want to add Directv, they could give me a really good deal but not free.. never that! Hehe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.