Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Did TMobile Just Throttle Mexico and Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Read the Mexico and Canada part carefully:

https://explore.t-mobile.com/4G-lte-...!_%ECid!_%EBuy!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Well, I certainly hope that is a typo. My wife and I are literally changing to T-Mobile tomorrow (from AT&T) and this was part of the allure for me (Mexico)

I see the fine print you mentioned and understand the concern.

However, if I just go to T-Mobile.com and scroll down the page there is a clickable link to get more info on international which takes you here:

https://www.t-mobile.com/optional-se...O8ZG4F0WFY7955

If you scroll down to the section where it says "Coverage in 3 countries for the price of 1" it still states (and not in fine print):

"T-Mobile has expanded its coverage. Now unlimited calling in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada is automatically included with our new T-Mobile ONE™ plans. Plus, get 4G LTE data and unlimited talk and text in either country. All at no extra charge" (emphasis added)

So, hopefully that is still correct and I'm hoping what you found was a typo.

Regards
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:57 am
Original Poster

I live right on the Canadian border and will be making my second crossing this week in two hours. I hear you.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:10 pm

I've found several errors on carrier websites. They frequently don't update every page that relates to a feature change, addition or deletion. They all do it and sometimes it takes weeks for them to correct missing/misspelled words.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:42 am

Heh I actually didn't know that you get LTE speed in Mexico and Canada for T-mobile. I thought it was 128K everywhere outside of US.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

My LTE Microsoft Surface is on TMobile's plan and have used it Mexico (September) and Canada (weekly) and have had full speed. I've even streamed movies in Canada (but that counts towards my per gig cap).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.