Reload this Page >

2017: USB Travel Chargers and Power Supplies Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chx1975
Anker is a stable, reliable brand. They have a 6 port charger, a 5 port with QuickCharge 3.0 support, a 5 port with USB C support, a 2 port with both USB and QC 3.0. Their powerbanks are also popular with similar selection: there's a plain two port one, one with QC, one with USB-C.

Power bank wise, there's a RAVPower 20100 mAh power bank (RP-PB043) which can charge USB-C and QC 3.0 devices both and in turn can be charged by either.

Another important device is the MOGICS Bagel/Donut: two ports USB charger, plug shape converter and power strip, the Bagel universal, the Donut US only. Best all around electronics companion ATM.
Print Wikipost

2017: USB Travel Chargers and Power Supplies Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Boostedtaco
Does anyone have a recommendation for a compact powerbank with QC 2.0?
FYI, the Jackery Titan S (USB-C 5V/3A, QC 2.0) is currently on Amazon Lightning Deal for $37; pretty good value for a beefy 20100 mAh with USB-C etc. (depends on your definition of "compact")
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm looking for a USB-C PD charger for a Samsung Chromebook Plus. Requirements include:

1. Folding power prongs
2. At least one 2.4A USB-A charging port so a phone can be charged from the same adapter. (QC 2.0 or QC 3.0 is a nice to have, but not absolutely necessary)

I'm surprised how few options there are on Amazon.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Completely unreviewed, but https://www.amazon.com/eranton-Charg...dp/B075GWC5YQ/ or https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Deliv...dp/B0759LFT92/

Also take a look at https://www.amazon.com/Lumsing-Charg...dp/B01I1OIO4A/. It's listed at 14.5v instead of 15v, which I believe is a non-PD-standard Mac profile, so may or may not work with the CBP.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I just bought this and used it in Singapore. I was carrying a 3 plug extension cord and Anker (which I really like still) and wanted an all in one solution. It also has a small surge protector built in.

https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Boost...dp/B01LWIK3YA/
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
At prices above $30, are those chargers going to support the new QC standard that the iPhone 8 and X support?

Presumably they will also roll other iOS devices to that as well.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by wco81
At prices above $30, are those chargers going to support the new QC standard that the iPhone 8 and X support?

Presumably they will also roll other iOS devices to that as well.
AFAIK, the wireless charging bit is the only new tech being rolled out. The QC spec is the same 14.5V USB PD output that the iPads and MacBooks already support.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So a little off topic, but...

I recently bought a Samsung dual-USB port car charger - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPJX2NY

Works great - came with a USB-C cable, and QC works perfectly.

However if I plug my Tom Tom GPS into the second port then it works fine - right up until I turn the car off. At that point the TomTom immediately powers off - normally if it loses power it will give a shutting-down-in-10-seconds message and give the option to stay on, but in this case it just dies. When power comes back it doesn't turn back on, but needs to be manually powered on at which point it's forgotten where it is/recent destinations/etc.

I have no idea what the charger is doing, but it's obviously sending some form of signal on power-loss which the TomTom doesn't like. Pulling the plug out of the cigarette lighter socket does the same thing. Just disconnecting the USB cable from the plug results in a clean shutdown/10 second warning.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Wrong thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.