Wiki Posts
Search

ATT unlimited data & international day pass ?'s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Need
They couldn't even lowered it to $180 to match Verizon? What's wrong with AT&T?
They spent a lot of money buying DirecTV (who, in turn, spent an obscene amount of money for exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket). Gotta pay that debt off somehow...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:41 pm

I have 3 lines sharing a FamilyTalk 550 minute/month plan, unlimited text, grandfathered unlimited data on 2 of the phones, $25/month for 2 iPhones, and I pay $267/month.

Why am I sticking with the grandfathered data plan and old FamilyTalk plan?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by dmbolp
I have 3 lines sharing a FamilyTalk 550 minute/month plan, unlimited text, grandfathered unlimited data on 2 of the phones, $25/month for 2 iPhones, and I pay $267/month.

Same plan (but only 2 phones - 1 with the grandfathered unlimited plan)...I'm thinking the same thing!
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:10 pm

Yeah, why are we so determined to hold onto the grandfathered data plan?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:27 am

With the new unlimited plus plan, you will pay $165 for 3 phones. And they have a buy one iPhone 7 get one free. So you could pay around $27 per month for 2 years for two new iPhone 7 32gb. Total with tax/fee will be around $200 per month.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:28 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Yeah, why are we so determined to hold onto the grandfathered data plan?
For me it's because mine includes international unlimited data.

That plus my 20% corporate discount gives me an amazing data package for $52. Granted can't tether or share, but who cares...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by gwade

That plus my 20% corporate discount gives me an amazing data package for $52. Granted can't tether or share, but who cares...
The unlimited international data is a different story and probably not worth leaving.

But, your FAN discount should allow you to change plans.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay

But, your FAN discount should allow you to change plans.
Nope. AT&T follows Verizon's example. Verizon does not give discount to FAN on the new unlimited plan. The only discount is to military.

On the original AT&T unlimited plan (no tethering and $40 per line) that came out around Valentine's, they said they will give FAN discount. But on the new one, the fine print said only military discount. If I actually decided to switch to unlimited, I guess I will find out, but I don't expect they will discount it when everything else was following Verizon.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Nope. AT&T follows Verizon's example. Verizon does not give discount to FAN on the new unlimited plan. The only discount is to military.

On the original AT&T unlimited plan (no tethering and $40 per line) that came out around Valentine's, they said they will give FAN discount. But on the new one, the fine print said only military discount. If I actually decided to switch to unlimited, I guess I will find out, but I don't expect they will discount it when everything else was following Verizon.
I don't see any language excluding a FAN discount. Did you find such language?

I see only a mention of a specific 15% discount applying (which is not the same thing as excluding other discounts).

15% Service Discount on AT&T UNLIMITED CHOICE℠ & AT&T UNLIMITED PLUS℠ PLANS: Available to (a) active military service personnel providing a valid military ID or current paystub; (b) qualified military veterans providing either a Department of Defense Form DD214 indicating an honorable discharge, or a valid retired military ID or current AMVETS membership card; and (c) qualified spouses of active duty or deceased military service personnel providing a valid Department of Defense sponsorship card. Eligible individual must take personal liability for his or her account and must be enrolled in the AT&T Signature Discount Program. Eligibility for discount ceases when individual is no longer qualified. 15% service discount applies only to the monthly service charge. Additional restrictions apply. May take up to 3 bill cycles after eligibility is confirmed and will not apply to prior charges. Applied after application of any available credit. May not be combined with other service discounts. Offer available only in AT&T and authorized dealer retail stores and is subject to change. Visit a store or contact AT&T at 800.331.0500 with questions.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Discounts: Plans may not be eligible for offers, credits, or discounts.
It's been widely reported that FAN discounts will not apply.. which would match Verizon...

On Reddit:
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by gwade

Which plan qualifies for international unlimited data?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:07 am

Which plan qualifies for international unlimited data?
I don't think you could add it if you don't already have it from grandfathering. The last time I know someone who was able to add it was back when blackberry was hip.

BTW, today is the first day the AT&T unlimited plus plan is available but their site completely hammered. Can't log in at all.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
It's been widely reported that FAN discounts will not apply.. which would match Verizon...

On Reddit:
Interesting. That was not the answer I received when using the chat function on ATT's website yesterday. Note, I'm not saying I disagree - just wish ATT would be consistent with their response.

Also, "may not" is different from "do not" or "will not". So, quoting "Discounts: Plans may not be eligible for offers, credits, or discounts." is not dispositive (especially considering that we know military discounts and autopay discounts do apply).

Back to ATT's inconsistency with their responses - See ATT's different responses asking for user's mobile numbers to see whether it would apply:

Here

And, here.

Last edited by FindAWay; Mar 2, 2017 at 8:37 am Reason: Had to change URLs to tinyURLs to appear
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:33 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Logged into the app it's offerring the unlimited plus account for $215 for 7 lines- along with a $40 discount.. not sure why- I had expected the price to be $245.... not sure if it was a glitch- definitely don't want to get bait and switch...

FDW
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Logged into the app it's offerring the unlimited plus account for $215 for 7 lines- along with a $40 discount.. not sure why- I had expected the price to be $245.... not sure if it was a glitch- definitely don't want to get bait and switch...

FDW
Interesting. Site still not working for me. I will check it in the afternoon to see if they fixed it. Probably not going to switch to unlimited anyway as now I ported out 5 lines... 30GB is enough for the rest. It is cheaper to pay $15 per line instead of $20. I already have both Canada and Mexico roaming grandfathered it so going unlimited doesn't gain much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.