Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCTV on board

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by trooper
Fair enough gfunkdave....

So...you will demand footage NOT be downloaded if you are assaulted on the bus....since you don't like being "spied on"....?

(If UK law is anything like Australian in this area, the footage is stored onboard and ONLY downloaded where required...there is no routine viewing of it...it records for a certain amount of time...then records over it....unless SPECIFICALLY downloaded by those authorised to do so)
Personally I'd prefer the right to defend myself against an assault on a bus, rather than having the assault reviewed by a disinterested bureaucrat.

I've heard enough stories from colleagues who've lived in former surveillance states to where I'm not convinced the benefit of the cameras outweighs the dangers. Anyone who feels safer on camera certainly has the right to wear a body-cam if it makes them feel better.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Quite unlike buses, airplanes have two important things going for them: they have a crew with the authority to hand you over to the police in any country you land in, few questions asked and they make it impossible for whoever's getting in trouble to escape. So the odds of a person being successfully handed over to the police on a plane are 100% while on a bus that number is a lot lower.
This! The flight crew and cabin crew are very well trained to handle these situations and are quite adept at filing detailed reports for every incident that occurs during a flight.

Originally Posted by KRSW

If I were a pilot, I'd really like to be able to visually confirm from the cockpit whether the cargo hold FIRE light is real or due to a failing sensor. Likewise, after a hard & heavy landing, I'd like to be able to see if my brakes were on fire. The tail cam on the newer Airbus aircraft does provide some of this, but more for show than utility.
There are multiple sensors, so a false alert due to a sensor failure - while not unheard of - are quite rare.

All newly designed aircraft have several cameras in the forward galley area that the flight crew can view whenever they wish to see what is happening behind the cockpit door, and some aircraft platforms offer aft galley cameras as an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.