Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of OneSim Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Beware of OneSim Card

In good faith I setup autorecharge for my OneSim card after I was happy with voice rates for Dar Es Salaam. But somehow OneSim card had added data services at USS $15 per mb and applied the autorecharge on some data stream. So ~ $100 was quickly deducted via autorecharge for about 6 mb of data that I was not even aware of.

Bottom line how can a service provider even dare to quote $15 per mb and have that as an option for users? No one would ever accept that rate.

OneSim card knew that unsuspecting consumers will be trapped on this rate and that OneSim card will earn a windfall from it. I am very aggrieved by this and have already cut-up the OneSim card and burnt it on a candle.

To me OneSim card were unfair here and they do not even care.

Also OneSim card will just grab all your balance if you do not recharge in 10 months. Regardless of wether you have $200 or $10. OneSim card feels entitled to keep every penny of that unused balance.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Be very aware of giving any company the power to charge anything to your credit card without your approval.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The balance issue is something you agree to with the COS but the addition of data service and charging is something you can use to contest the charge with your CC company.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Never heard of OneSim before, but the $15/MB for Tanzania is fairly clearly listed on their website.

Caveat emptor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.