Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Best iP nav app for Costa Rica

Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

I will be flying into SJO at the end of November and will be driving to some places of interest to tourists.

What iPhone nav app works well in that part of Costa Rica? I depend on TomTom GoMobile but they do not have maps for Central America. I installed GeniusMaps but have never used this app and do not know how it works in the real world.

I plan to buy a roaming data plan from AT&T and hope I do not go over the data limit.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I would probably stick to apps that offer offline maps. In the worst case scenario, you'll need to read the maps manually on the phone. Among free apps, Google Maps and here come to mind.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you.

The iP GeniusMaps app is supposed to work offline, but I am clueless how accurate their CostaRica maps might be. They offer a 7 day free trial for the Premium version of GeniusMaps that would fit with this particular trip.

Last edited by Xeno; Nov 13, 2016 at 9:12 am
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:41 am

Check out the HERE app.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Sorry, when I saw "Here" in the original response I thought a link was missing. I see the app now and will install it once I get off the phone with AT&T about my international passport for CR.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:40 am
Original Poster

I am still in Costa Rica but have turned in my rental car. My 7 days of free premium ends in 24 hours.

However, I cannot find access to my account to cancel the account before it is automatically charged to my credit card. I looked inside the app and their web and so far I do not see a solution. What might I be missing?
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

I just noticed that the app support files say that Apple controls payments for this app. So how does one contact Apple in this situation?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.