Search

How mobile and web has made air travel easier, says usability blog

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:51 am
haa
Original Poster

Programs: No more status, free agent now
How mobile and web has made air travel easier, says usability blog

There is a interesting user experience and usability blog post on how the travel experience has changed thanks to web and mobile, describing how technology is being used by airlines these days, at the NNGroup blog (no connection, I have just followed this excellent blog for many years).

Interesting content also on multi-device user interfaces e.g. starting something on mobile and continuing on desktop, where many services are still not very good, and people on the road need to do this a lot.

Select quote: "Nowadays, air travel is a lot more streamlined and enjoyable"... (read the blog article before laughing ;–)

I know many airline web sites and mobile apps that could learn and improve with this (and other blog posts there) quite a lot... But there is a lot of online stuff that has made things much easier.

The blog post is at: https://www.nngroup.com/articles/cus...ys-omnichannel
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
In general things have gotten better from a usability standpoint. I'm not sure having to watch in-flight content on a personal device is, though, but I get that it's mainly so airlines don't have to spend money on seatback monitors (and fuel to carry the extra weight, etc.)

Also, a lot of those improvements require a smartphone to take full advantage, which a fair number of people still don't have in 2016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.