Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Moving Photos and Folders from Android to IOS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Moving Photos and Folders from Android to IOS

This should be something fairly easy to figure out, but searching Google doesn't seem to produce any searchable results, but I know the real experts are right here

I have hundreds of photos on my Android phone, all structured in albums, which appear as subfolders when browsing the device.

If I move the photos to my new iPhone, will Apple's own transfer app retain the folder/album structure, or just move the photos over en masse and compile them in some other fashion (ie, by date or location)?

Is there a way to keep the photos in these albums without needing to import everything into iPhoto in one huge blob then sit there for hours manually creating albums and dragging photos one at a time into the iPhoto albums to sync back to the new iPhone? I hope not, as this would be mind-numbingly tedious.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
When you use iTunes to transfer photos from your PC to your iPhone, you can select exactly which folders you want to be copied over. The folder structure is retained in the iPhone's photos app; each folder becomes an 'album' in the app. I've only ever gotten this to work only one level deep, i.e., you folders within folders are simply not visible, or not transferred... but I might be doing something wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.