Search

Mac OS Sierra (10.12)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Did you check activity monitor to see what's using a lot of cpu?
Probably Safari or whatever browser is being used?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Probably Safari or whatever browser is being used?
Only application active was safari. Three tabs. The fan was whirring away. Very strange.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:26 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Only application active was safari. Three tabs. The fan was whirring away. Very strange.
Mine stated doing that yesterday. I was plugged in, so I didn't notice the battery, but the fans were going crazy. I powered off over night, and is been fine all day today.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Anyone having display issues? The bottom row of pixels would essentially mirror whatever was above it. So if there was a browser window the last row would show white, or grey, if a character came on a Netflix show it would show red (for instance) and would follow that character around. The guy at the apple store hadn't seen it, and it was doing it in the guest profile. I should have it back in a few days though. Which means next week. This is gonna be a long weekend...
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Did you check activity monitor to see what's using a lot of cpu?
Interesting. So I had to send it in this week for a display repair. Got it back this morning. Started using it and it has been whirring away for the past hour. Just have Safari and iMessage up. "AccountSD" and "CallserviceSD" and "CalendarSD" have been using the most CPU.

Really more annoying than anything else.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
MacBook Air Mid '13 (with all the options ticked): No negative change. Battery life and speed is pretty much the same.

iMac Mid '11 (3.4 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, booting from an Samsung 850 Pro*): No negative change. Speed is pretty much the same.

---
*Best upgrade ever. The SSD fits neatly into a space of the case. Brought the startup time from >1 min right down to 10-15 seconds.

Last edited by WorldLux; Sep 30, 2016 at 11:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.