Reload this Page >

What's w/ the "i" in browser bar?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's w/ the "i" in browser bar?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by antichef
It is absolutely nothing to worry about, just a warning to you that the this site does not operate as securely as possible.
Some would argue that the fact that the site does not operate as securely as possible IS something to worry about!

eg, the fact that Flyertalk still doesn't use SSL even for logging in is just outright crazy...
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by docbert
Some would argue that the fact that the site does not operate as securely as possible IS something to worry about!

eg, the fact that Flyertalk still doesn't use SSL even for logging in is just outright crazy...
I agree, but that is a different matter from the OP's question! Just so long as nobody uses their same login details on "wide open" FT on any other site will be a help. I fear that human nature being what it it there could be tears!

However, the site could do more.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
My "Home" button is now different too, it's an up arrow that is short and squat. I don't remember what it looked like prior to this.

I'm on Version 53.0.2785.116 m.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller
My "Home" button is now different too, it's an up arrow that is short and squat. I don't remember what it looked like prior to this.

I'm on Version 53.0.2785.116 m.
Like a little monopoly house?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Eventually it's going to be replaced with a ’Not Secure' message as per this post

https://security.googleblog.com/2016/09/moving-towards-more-secure-web.html

Unless FT make the login process secure then, you soon won't be able to login using Chrome (and Firefox I think) as they are going to prevent passwords being submitted from non-secure pages too.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by antichef
Like a little monopoly house?
Yes! haha
Old Sep 25, 2016, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Traveller
Yes! haha
I think they call it "Home" 😀😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.