Wiki Posts
Search

iOS 10

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Yes, iOS 10 is definitely using more battery power than it's predecessor.
I haven't seen the same issues on the SE. Slight increase in shown percentage, I had been finishing the day at around 50-55% previously, generally in the 60-65% range now. Nothing new as far as usage goes.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Yeah, I think I've come around to your viewpoint. My battery life seems to have taken a hit. My phone is at 9% now, but under previous iOS versions it would have been more like 35%.
You may be interested in reading the post on this thread regarding battery life.
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...-life.1993195/
Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Anybody noticed that ios 10 seems to use a lot more disk? My company went cheap and got us the 16GB so space has always been an issue for me. I had about 2.5GB avail prior to the update, now I can't free up more than ~600MB.

They also "fixed" the hack of trying to rent a movie that's too large for your device in order to kickoff the "Cleaning" routine which dumps app caches.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
That's normal. The phone wasn't 'perfect' but it was close. Just changed stuff to change it. Every iDevice is swipe to unlock but we now have altered that! Yah!
Wasn't the elimination of just "swipe to unlock" done to increase device/data security? While the need to press the home button before being able to unlock the device may lead to more wear and tear on phones, perhaps there was a reason beside "change just for change sake" to do it.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Wasn't the elimination of just "swipe to unlock" done to increase device/data security? While the need to press the home button before being able to unlock the device may lead to more wear and tear on phones, perhaps there was a reason beside "change just for change sake" to do it.
I wasn't talking about this since I use fingerprint ID. My comments were about the hash they made of messaging.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That should be 'my choice'. It's my phone. They changed it because they added the 'wake up' function. Which I sit in a media center and my phone is sitting on the desk. I don't 'pick it up' often and thus I am double tapping, but having to wait between them, just to access the phone.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

For those who updated their 6, any impact on performance, battery life, etc.?

I'm considering getting the battery replaced by Apple to give it more juice till upgrade for next year's new iPhone release.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: United MP
IOS notifications behaves strange. Sometimes I pull down the notifications and it still shows messgess already read. I have to clear them all of the time. I wonder why they mamde it that way?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I hate the new swipe action on lock screen notifications on my 6.

Before: easy to swipe and open an email, message, voicemail, or BP from wallet.

Now: swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, give up, unlock, open app, find item.
-OR-
swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe, swipe exactly right somehow and open item.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:16 am

I consider this as a minor update.

They should have called it 9.4.

Keyboard is still stupid as there is no separate digits row (even on an iPad where is plenty of space) and even long-pressing the top row letters don't issue digits (e.g. long Q => 1, long W => 2, etc).

All of this is rather common on Android.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I updated to 10.0.2 today and it seems to have greatly helped battery life. ^

Been listening to Pandora all day. Before the update I'd have been down to maybe 35-40% battery around now. I'm sitting at 62%.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Still pining for a 10.x.x jailbreak.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by lmashton
One huge benefit for us with iOS 10 is that the battery life is remarkably improved - on an iPhone 6+, iPhone 6s+, and iPad Pro. It now takes at least twice as long for the battery to go down for us.
Through 4-6 charging cycles, I've seen worse battery life (I always keep a fairly close eye on it). I'll see if 10.0.2 makes a difference. iP6.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I updated to 10.0.2 today and it seems to have greatly helped battery life. ^

Been listening to Pandora all day. Before the update I'd have been down to maybe 35-40% battery around now. I'm sitting at 62%.
I just downloaded 10.0.2 after reading this post and hopefully my battery life will improve on my 6s as right now it is awful. I will report back after using it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
3-4 discharge cycles on 10.0.2 - right around 5 hrs of usage in 16 hours of duration ("standby"). About 15% less than I've seen in the last 1-2 months on 9.x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.