Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone 7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anrkitec
No more Space Gray/Black - sucks.

$1000 for an iPhone - ridiculous. Is Apple anticipating lower volume so they are trying to make it up on margin?

And the new 7 still doesn't have a full HD screen.
There is a "Black" color that looks pretty close to space gray.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Prices will drop on the 7 by xmas.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:03 pm

I am not the fan boy who will go for anything Apple says is my future ,

but it will be interesting to see if the no headphone jack will hurt sales ,

If it was a cheap $50 phone and no headphone jack I would pass , and find another phone that had one , will 6 months from now will both be available ?

and will the next iPad have the headphone jack or not ,

only time will tell.....
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Headphone jack is a gamble but one that Apple knows they will win. They know it's a gamble as they include an adapter in the box. Apple didn't even include an aperture when 30pin went to lightning. Samsung was able to get the water resistant rating and keep the jack. I think they are pushing this as 'innovation' but really just got beat.

As someone who loves music it's crap. The Apple earbuds feel like crap in your ear and sound like doodoo. Now it's wireless for 159 dollars or lightning connection.

I'm on an iPhone forever plan so I'll get one but more upset that in my car I have a charger and aux and now can only one 1 or the other. Kind of lame.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I was really hoping that the headset rumour was just that. Unless I'm on a plane listening to music (or maybe thats when I really would need it) I've got it plugged in charging and listening to music at the same time. Might hang on to the SE a while longer, the 6s was too slippery for me. I'm too entrenched in the Apple Ecosystem to go back to Android full time.

We'll see what happens next year. (Though that piano black one sure is pretty, but I always use a case.)
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
the lack of headphone jack on the new iPhones is a deal killer for me.
Here's an interesting workaround. Not sure what the battery life would be, and it's a pain to have yet another thing to charge.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Really glad I'm an Android user. At least if Android phones drop the headphone jack, you can be reasonably certain the replacement will be non proprietary and available from lots of different providers (like micro USB vs Lightning), and for reasonable prices. With Apple there's always the risk you'll get screwed.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Having broken a couple of earbud plugs on plane jacks, I've switched to bluetooth earbuds. While I agree Apple's move screws its customers (what else is new), I won't miss the loss of the jack.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by boberonicus
Here's an interesting workaround. Not sure what the battery life would be, and it's a pain to have yet another thing to charge.
Just something else to lose or break.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
The headphone jack going away kinda sucks for the people who use Square. Then again, they also have a Bluetooth version now for the new credit cards.

Personally, I don't really use the headphone jack all that much. My music listening is basically Bluetooth streaming in the car anyway, or probably CarPlay if I ever end up buying a new car. But we'll see how this works out for Apple.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I'm very very VERY tempted to get the 7 Plus even as a 6S Plus user but I think I'll wait for the next generation.

As far as the Apple watch goes, any of you Apple Watch users planning on upgrading to the 2nd edition? I don't have an Apple Watch but likely buying one, is it worth spending the extra $100 for the newer one or?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
As far as the Apple watch goes, any of you Apple Watch users planning on upgrading to the 2nd edition? I don't have an Apple Watch but likely buying one, is it worth spending the extra $100 for the newer one or?
Weirdly, the 1st edition is going to get the same CPU that's in the 2nd edition, so it might not be worthwhile to spend the extra money unless you need the water resistance or GPS. As for me, I'll probably have to play with them in the store first to see if there's that much of a performance improvement with either compared to mine.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tmiw
Weirdly, the 1st edition is going to get the same CPU that's in the 2nd edition, so it might not be worthwhile to spend the extra money unless you need the water resistance or GPS. As for me, I'll probably have to play with them in the store first to see if there's that much of a performance improvement with either compared to mine.
I do not really need the water resistance so I guess I'll opt for the first gen.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: Qantas FF
I'm not going to upgrade my watch for now, unless I start feeling that it's running slow but given it's pretty good at the moment probably I'll be OK. I mainly use it for notifications so don't really need snazzier apps for now. If I bought a new one now I'd go waterproof but not worth upgrading for for my use case, same for the GPS part.

As for the 7plus, like every single year since the 3G I'll be getting a new one.. :-)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
I am not the fan boy who will go for anything Apple says is my future ,

but it will be interesting to see if the no headphone jack will hurt sales ,

If it was a cheap $50 phone and no headphone jack I would pass , and find another phone that had one , will 6 months from now will both be available ?

and will the next iPad have the headphone jack or not ,

only time will tell.....
The "no headphone jack" is the reason I won't change phones and get this latest one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.