Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2 pre-orders while in Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2 pre-orders while in Brazil

It seems at least a few on FT are iOS captive like me so I am asking for an assist.

I will be in Brazil next week during the Sept 7 Apple announcements about the iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2.

That particular day is very long and it will not be easy to do an AT&T pre-order on Sept 9 due to work demands.

However, if someone posts such information I can then quickly determine my options. I will need to trade my iPhone 6S to AT&T (or Apple) and my Apple Watch to Best Buy.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
If it is like last year, the pre-orders will open up when the clock strikes midnight Saturday morning on the Pacific (so 4am in Brazil). Not sure if that makes it easier for you schedule as opposed to Friday morning. Of course we won't really know what happens until they official reveal the product next week.

Last edited by adambadam; Aug 30, 2016 at 9:36 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks, as I did not remember that timeline.

Yes, 4 am Saturday Brazil time might work for me.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yeah pre-orders probably wouldn't start till at LEAST the 9th if not the 16th, as I don't see any iphone 7 till probably the 23rd earliest.

and watch 2, probably not happening at all, maybe even not this year.. xmas would be a nice launch window - october time frame with new MBP's but I really don't see a watch 2 during this window.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I think they'll be selling them after the first day. You don't get a prize for standing in line.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:29 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EricH
I think they'll be selling them after the first day. You don't get a prize for standing in line.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

When Apple moved the pre-order time from Saturday to Friday, it has complicated my work schedule here in Brazil.

However, another major hurdle is that I have not been able to login to my AT&T account. I did chat and tweet exchanges with AT&T but no solution on their end.

So I finally turned to the old reliable VPN and I now can login and should be good to go when the clock strikes 4 AM local time.

BTW, as is often the case I need to do pre-orders right on the dot because otherwise the new iPhone and watch will be delivered while I am outside the USA.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
So what you're saying is that, if you don't get your order in at the exact moment, you'll be stuck with obsolete, loser technology. I guess that's a definition of "core customer."
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:29 am
Original Poster

For the benefit of anyone else in a like situation, I did pre-orders early this morning for the iP7 and iWatch2. Both orders have been confirmed to ship on Sept 16.

I did want jet black iP7, but the delivery would have been next month when I am in Inner Mongolia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.