Wiki Posts
Search

HooToo Tripmate/Titan €29

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
HooToo Tripmate/Titan €29

Hootoo travel router is epic little gadget love mine ordered another as gift there on offer @Amazon.fr for €29 and delivered anywhere else Europe +€5

Ethernet jack, turn hotel wifi and connect upto 4 devices
Media streamer from expandable storage upto 4 devices
Power bank
Send and reclever files from device to storage

Check youtube for review videos .

http://bit.ly/Travelrouter (not affect link)
Old Aug 22, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Liams
Hootoo travel router is epic little gadget love mine ordered another as gift there on offer @Amazon.fr for €29 and delivered anywhere else Europe +€5

Ethernet jack, turn hotel wifi and connect upto 4 devices
Media streamer from expandable storage upto 4 devices
Power bank
Send and reclever files from device to storage

Check youtube for review videos .

http://bit.ly/Travelrouter (not affect link)
I'm embarrassed to say that I have had the TripMate Elite for 8 months and have yet to actually use it. I use Dropbox for file sharing, and my typical hotels allow multiple device connections without charge.

Am I missing something that I could have been using the TripMate for?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
Example travelling with friends or family in the car/plane plug a usb with media to router and allows 4 other users to connect and stream different movies simultaneously. Obviously saves having multiple devices to carry with inbuilt power bank . The main selling point for me is there is no need for actually wifi to stream to other devices. Also works with chromecast good for connecting to screen for presentations on the go or bk at the hotel for TV.

Last edited by Liams; Aug 23, 2016 at 12:41 am
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I've had the tripmate nano for quite a while, and with openwrt it is good for two things:
1) as a very slow hardware VPN client, so I don't have to keep authenticating and can secure access from alternate devices like my phone
2) for a couple of hotels I've stayed at where the Wifi signal was very weak, but they had a relatively good ethernet connection.

It and the original elite both support OpenWRT -- something like that is a prerequisite for using it as the VPN bridge.

I've been very pleased with the nano. Sadly, the Titan (and the new Elite U which I just noticed) do not seem to support OpenWRT (at least yet.)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Big fan of their products.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I often use mine in hotels to avoid reestablishing the connection to their wifi network everytime I return to my room. Just get the HooToo connected once, leave it plugged in and it holds onto the connection for all your devices.

I also use it when traveling in the sticks with family and I need more than the 5 device connections allowed by my hotspot.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Ok, sounds like I need to play with this thing. One hotel I frequent has crappy wifi (at least in the rooms they always give me), so maybe this will help if I use the wired connection.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Sometimes does not work in hotels unless they have a wired connection in room with NO password/login. WiFi connections with PW/Login are hit and miss.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:58 am

I've used my HooToo (Nano, I think) on planes a ton to extend one paid session to all of my devices, and those of my traveling companions, if I'm with friends or family.

I've also used it in hotels.

The thing is fantastic. For years, I was looking for a way to do Wifi in and out. This finally does it.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:43 am

I have been using my HooToo only a few times since I got it. Most hotels got pretty good wifi and let you connect with multiple devices. But I am going on Celebrity Cruise in a few months. I have unlimited internet but I read that you can only use it on one device. You could log off from that device and log on with another. I will be trying to see if HooToo works so I could have all the phones, laptops, and tablets connected.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Need
I have been using my HooToo only a few times since I got it. Most hotels got pretty good wifi and let you connect with multiple devices. But I am going on Celebrity Cruise in a few months. I have unlimited internet but I read that you can only use it on one device. You could log off from that device and log on with another. I will be trying to see if HooToo works so I could have all the phones, laptops, and tablets connected.
It should work for that. Please let us know how it goes.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
*yawn* Call me back when it works on 5Ghz.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any DP on whether or not Hootoo works with GoGo inflight? I assume that's what some of you are using, but I also read reports of gogo blocking it.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:40 pm

100% yes.

I do it all the time.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Michael Ad
100% yes.

I do it all the time.
Excellent. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.