Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

TMO New Unlimited Data Program

TMO New Unlimited Data Program

Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:59 am

yay for "simple choice"

technically Verizon was the first to offer unlimited high speed mobile hotspot on their grandfathered plan..
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Also, T-mobile bumped up the data speed while traveling on the higher priced plan, so it's now 256kbits.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by IslesFan
Also, T-mobile bumped up the data speed while traveling on the higher priced plan, so it's now 256kbits.
Right - that's only with T-Mobile One Plus:

"T-Mobile ONE Plus will be available for an additional $25 per line, per month"

Considering ONE is already higher-priced, I'd describe this as 'even higher' priced.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If they had also bundled the Stateside International phone/text plan, I might have been more tempted. In reality, I rarely use more than 2GB of data per month--even less now that utilize BingeOn and Music Freedom.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
If it weren't for the rest of my family plan, they'd have me at "unlimited tethering" (even if "unlimited" is really ~26GB a month.)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Right - that's only with T-Mobile One Plus:

"T-Mobile ONE Plus will be available for an additional $25 per line, per month"

Considering ONE is already higher-priced, I'd describe this as 'even higher' priced.
I'm already paying that for my one voice line(with unlimited), so I'm considering switching.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:10 am

I'm already paying that for my one voice line(with unlimited), so I'm considering switching.
metroPCS $60 unlimited* with 6GB tether, vs $95 for unlimited* + unlimited* tether

(*with 26GB deprioritization limit)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage
metroPCS $60 unlimited* with 6GB tether, vs $95 for unlimited* + unlimited* tether

(*with 26GB deprioritization limit)
With no international roaming
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Is it only the higher priced plans? I was reading the one plus and it noted the higher international speeds. I couldn't figure out if it was throughout and including the old simple choice plans.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Is it only the higher priced plans? I was reading the one plus and it noted the higher international speeds. I couldn't figure out if it was throughout and including the old simple choice plans.
Someone correct me but the only way I see to get the 256kbit roaming is to have the $25 one+ addon.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:00 pm

We are on the Simple Choice North America Plan and upgraded back when they give 10 GB from the 6 GB plan for 4 lines we get 10GB each. We are paying $135 for 4 lines all in and I only use 1 GB of my Data per month and Data Stash but use Binge On for music/video streaming.

So there is no need for unlimited data unless its for business purposes and someone else is footing the bill.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Interesting developments.

They've now:
a) Texted me that they're upgrading me for free to unlimited for the next ~2 1/2 years (through 2/28/19 of all weird dates.) The small print shows that I keep my current limit for tethering, but lose data stash (which I've never gone into even heavy tethering months as it is.)

b) The web site is back to allowing me to add lines on my current plan. It's also saying I don't need to pay anything extra monthly for them (which should be $20.) I'm tempted to add a line for my son and see if the $0-extra-a-month sticks; even at $20 more a month this is a better deal than moving to the present t-mobile one plan just for the 4 current lines.

My hotspot line, which had been "match phone line data up to 5GB/month" for $10, was supposed to go back to 2.5GB/month when that promotion ended (same $10 rate), but is now showing just a 5GB plan for the same $10 (actually $20 minus a $10 discount; *shrug*)
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nkedel
Interesting developments.

They've now:
a) Texted me that they're upgrading me for free to unlimited for the next ~2 1/2 years (through 2/28/19 of all weird dates.) The small print shows that I keep my current limit for tethering, but lose data stash (which I've never gone into even heavy tethering months as it is.)

b) The web site is back to allowing me to add lines on my current plan. It's also saying I don't need to pay anything extra monthly for them (which should be $20.) I'm tempted to add a line for my son and see if the $0-extra-a-month sticks; even at $20 more a month this is a better deal than moving to the present t-mobile one plan just for the 4 current lines.

My hotspot line, which had been "match phone line data up to 5GB/month" for $10, was supposed to go back to 2.5GB/month when that promotion ended (same $10 rate), but is now showing just a 5GB plan for the same $10 (actually $20 minus a $10 discount; *shrug*)
I wonder what's triggering the free upgrade. It seems like only some got that text (I haven't yet).
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:47 am

A few days ago, they texted me that I get an extra 1 GB per line until Feb.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:49 am
Suspended

I checked the iPhone 7 upgrade deal. It's asking for new t-mobile one plan. No thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.