Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid SIM - Poland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...
Prepaid SIM - Poland

Does anyone have the APN settings for Plus (Poland)?
And how do you enter a refill pin on the phone?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:43 pm

No more anonymous prepaid SIMs in Poland

Ms. p_man, the kid, and some friends arrived in Poland today to discover that, as of Monday, you can no longer buy anonymous prepaid SIM cards in the country.

Providers are now not allowed to serve anyone without a verified identity, so you have to provide ID, like a passport number.

They weren't able to get cards at the airport, and now that they're out in the countryside, it turns out that they'll have to go to a town 20 minutes away to get registered cards.

So head's up to all you Poland-bound travelers!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:24 am

Any idea how this will impact roaming SIMs in Poland which typically have lax identity verification schemes?

Originally Posted by p_man
Ms. p_man, the kid, and some friends arrived in Poland today to discover that, as of Monday, you can no longer buy anonymous prepaid SIM cards in the country.

Providers are now not allowed to serve anyone without a verified identity, so you have to provide ID, like a passport number.

They weren't able to get cards at the airport, and now that they're out in the countryside, it turns out that they'll have to go to a town 20 minutes away to get registered cards.

So head's up to all you Poland-bound travelers!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
I applaud the initiative, though recognise the loophole identified by Stu. I don't see how they will be able to poilce roaming cards, though it does make it harder to some bad guys to get their hands on SIMs.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:48 pm

Anonymous prepaid SIMs sold before the 25th have I think until early next year to be registered. I assume after that they won't work.

No idea how Polish carriers will handle people roaming onto their networks.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Bump

Any updates on this one? Recent data points with buying prepaid SIMs? For that matter, any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.