Wiki Posts
Search

Random "beeping"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Random "beeping"

Dell laptop, Win 7 Pro. Everything works fine, but yesterday it started randomly beeping - the kind of beep you get when, say, you insert a flash drive and the system detects it and then tries to find a driver.

As far as I can tell, everything that is connected is working fine.

I checked my updates, and the last one was a couple of days ago, one update (can't remember the KB number). Did a little checking and this was an update for a patch they issued last month that didn't work too well.

Anyhow, I uninstalled it, but the beeping continues - maybe once every couple of minutes. No ill effects, just somewhat annoying.

Anyone have a clue/hints, etc.?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mystery solved!

It wasn't the computer beeping - it was a cell phone sitting behind it telling me I had a message.

Jeez, do I feel dumb.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass

Now would be a good time to delete your OP as only 327 views so far, if it gets picked up as "Post of the Week" that will multiply!!

We can just keep this between you and me (and 326 close friends)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.