Wiki Posts
Search

Calendar for Blackberry

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:33 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Calendar for Blackberry

I've never used an electronic calendar on my Blackberry, and would like to start doing so. What do you suggest?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've never used an electronic calendar on my Blackberry, and would like to start doing so. What do you suggest?
3rd party or the built in?

If you're using the built in one and are on a BES account, I would just use the built in one. Otherwise, Google Calendar is a good option, as is Office 365 (Outlook.) They're all fairly easy to set up, and functionality is about the same. Microsoft has become more aggressive with their mobile apps lately, it all depends what environment you're more comfortable working within.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been a while since I used a Blackberry, but can't you just add your Google or work calendar to your Blackberry and use the built-in calendar app?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

I can't find an app on the phone. I don't use an electronic calendar. I work from home and don't have all that many appointments. I am old school and have a 2 year paper calendar. But it would be really helpful to have that calendar on my phone.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:00 pm

are you on bbos? bb10? android with priv?
You can manually do it on your device or computer. I just set my appointments using my laptop and it syncs to my blackberry and google calendars.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I can't find an app on the phone. I don't use an electronic calendar. I work from home and don't have all that many appointments. I am old school and have a 2 year paper calendar. But it would be really helpful to have that calendar on my phone.
What e-mail service do you use? (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!, etc.)
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:17 pm
KCZ

I use the native BB calendar on BB10 and OS7 prior. I find it a lot better than Google even though I use Gmail, but it's more difficult to back up to Outlook on my PC. Knowing your OS, Email program, and if you want to link or back up your calendar to your PC would be helpful. The native BB calendar should be on any BB with a BB OS (not Priv) or downloadable from BB World.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WIRunner
What e-mail service do you use? (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!, etc.)
Yahoo for personal; Gmail for FlyerTalk. Yahoo would be the important one for my calendar.

Originally Posted by vletnguyen
are you on bbos? bb10?
BB10

I have a Mac computer though I use no calendar on it.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KCZ
The native BB calendar should be on any BB with a BB OS (not Priv) or downloadable from BB World.
I cannot find it on my BB. I've searched repeatedly. When I go to blackberryworld.com, I see poorly rated calendars. Would you please link to what I should install?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:02 pm

http://crackberry.com/top-10-tips-bl...ry-10-calendar

it should have been native. The priv (android) also has blackberry calendar.

check out this video as well
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

I see the link about it but where is the actual link to download it?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:47 pm
KCZ

You shouldn't have to download it because it's native and there is supposed to be no way to have deleted it. What happens if you just type "calendar" into search?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KCZ
You shouldn't have to download it because it's native and there is supposed to be no way to have deleted it. What happens if you just type "calendar" into search?
Thanks for persisting. It turns out I had a full page of hidden icons including the calendar. I'm off - well, I won't say I'm running - but I'm crawling, at least.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
The built in calendar on BB10 is the best I've used. I'd definitely not recommend using an app instead. I'd be happy if the BB calendar on the Priv (Android) device was as great as the BB10 calendar.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
The built in calendar on BB10 is the best I've used. I'd definitely not recommend using an app instead. I'd be happy if the BB calendar on the Priv (Android) device was as great as the BB10 calendar.
+1 for BB10 Calendar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.