T-Mobile Users Get 1 Hour Free GoGo Internet Starting 6/13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Mobile Users Get 1 Hour Free GoGo Internet Starting 6/13

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Too bad even T-Mobile customers don't get wifi on united flights!

Instead of giving it to others how about giving it to T-Mobile customers on united?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
T-Mo free access is a good deal.

Logged into AA flight for free access for all.. logged in as a non-T-Mo customer. All you need is a email address, used a burner.

After 60 mins expired it allowed me to login as T-Mo ph#. I used my 200MB iPad plan ph#... Bonus, another 60 mins of free GoGo.

On a second segment to DFW-MIA, going to try the same again.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Too bad even T-Mobile customers don't get wifi on united flights!

Instead of giving it to others how about giving it to T-Mobile customers on united?
I think its the way United Wifi is setup. I took a JFK-LAX flight on a sUA (Gogo) plane and I had free texting back in 2015. After United switched to the blanket United Wifi setup even Gogo planes have lost the ability to use this. Such a bummer.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:58 am

Anyone use free T-Mo GoGo lately? I noticed last week it went from 'One Free Hour' to "Free Wi-Fi and texting all flight"... I'm on Alaska

If your crafty, google browser agent switcher. It can report a mobile browser is in use.. This combined with Connectify or Windows 10 hotspot (which is present in Windows 10 by default) can result in a great internet session.

Thanks T-Mo for quietly extending my free session to entire flight. Hope it's a permanent change.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Free all flight?!?! That would be nice!

Now I want it on united flights. Haha
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BarryL
Anyone use free T-Mo GoGo lately? I noticed last week it went from 'One Free Hour' to "Free Wi-Fi and texting all flight"... I'm on Alaska

If your crafty, google browser agent switcher. It can report a mobile browser is in use.. This combined with Connectify or Windows 10 hotspot (which is present in Windows 10 by default) can result in a great internet session.

Thanks T-Mo for quietly extending my free session to entire flight. Hope it's a permanent change.
I used it on AS this past week, was a bit thrown by the wording, but got my free hour of web surfing nevertheless.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I also used it this week - free hour is unchanged. I was unsuccessful in having a second device use the same T-Mobile number. But if your T-Mobile number was randomly assigned rather than ported in, chances are if you try a couple numbers on either side of yours, you will find another valid T-Mobile number.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
It looks like the latest T-Mobile One Plus plan has "Unlimited GoGo" as of December 21st. Has anyone experienced this? https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...e-one-plus.htm

It's possible with multiple phone numbers and some trickery to extend to additional hours, but it would be much easier to upgrade to One Plus and get that as part of the plan.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by manacit
It looks like the latest T-Mobile One Plus plan has "Unlimited GoGo" as of December 21st. Has anyone experienced this? https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...e-one-plus.htm

It's possible with multiple phone numbers and some trickery to extend to additional hours, but it would be much easier to upgrade to One Plus and get that as part of the plan.
There's a couple of "ONE" plans now, they were revamped last week... again. The $70 plan has just 1 hour of GoGo. There is a $5/line/mo add on that gives unlimited GoGo, name ID, and visual voicemail. And a $25/line/mo add on that adds unlimited hot spot use, and more international roaming privileges.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
There's a couple of "ONE" plans now, they were revamped last week... again. The $70 plan has just 1 hour of GoGo. There is a $5/line/mo add on that gives unlimited GoGo, name ID, and visual voicemail. And a $25/line/mo add on that adds unlimited hot spot use, and more international roaming privileges.
Interesting, on both my flights last week (that had all flight GoGo on AS) I was using a T-Mo associated with T-Mo ONE unlimited plan. I haven't tried it yet on AA.

So when you log into GoGo for this T-Mo pass, a couple things happen.

1. GoGo puts a cookies in your browser to prevent multiple 1hr pass use
2. GoGo grabs your MAC ID.

There are ways around this.

Last edited by BarryL; Feb 23, 2017 at 10:50 am
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by BarryL
This didn't work in Safari using "Safari - iOS 10 - iPhone" under the Develop menu.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Do the 'travel' type SIMs also qualify for the free inflight Gogo wifi?
Eg a prepaid T-Mobile issued travel SIM
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Do the 'travel' type SIMs also qualify for the free inflight Gogo wifi?
Eg a prepaid T-Mobile issued travel SIM
I haven't encountered a T-Mobile issued number that didn't work. Including MVNO.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Error 601
This didn't work in Safari using "Safari - iOS 10 - iPhone" under the Develop menu.
I don't think this will work with iOS. Chrome has a nice easy agent switcher in Windows.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 6:13 pm

That was on Mac OS X 10.11.6 using the iPhone Safari user agent but I will try with Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.