Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I went with the BackBeat pro as it was on sale at Amazon for ~$150 recently. I have been very happy with those or my QC20s depending on if I want to sleep or not. Really like the transport controls on the BBP and that it auto-pauses movies when I remove the earcup from my left ear.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Originally Posted by mikelat
I went with the BackBeat pro as it was on sale at Amazon for ~$150 recently. I have been very happy with those or my QC20s depending on if I want to sleep or not. Really like the transport controls on the BBP and that it auto-pauses movies when I remove the earcup from my left ear.
Do you find that big of a difference between the over the ear version vs, the qc20 while on a plane?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I tried the QC35s for a week and while I liked them I decided to send them back within the trial period.

I found them too hot to listen to over a long period of time, even after 20 minutes I found my ears sweating. I'm not sure if this is a problem with all Bose over the ear headphones or other companies would suffer the same.

There seemed to be a micro cut out of sound (less than a second) when playing music quite consistently. Different from this complaint: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/21/11...comfort-flawed

I was told when I got the details for returning the QC35s that firmware updates would be released but I thought if they can't get a major product correct on release then perhaps this isn't a product I want to own.

However, the sound quality was impressive and it was wonderful to walk around wherever I went without wires. This is the future of headphones.

I would like to see Bose create a new On-Ear product with ANC and Bluetooth. That might be a product I could buy.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Sign47
I found them too hot to listen to over a long period of time, even after 20 minutes I found my ears sweating.
I never watch that type of movies which get my ears hot for a long period time.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:41 am

I was close to pulling the trigger on the QC35, but looks like the Sennheiser pcx550 will be a serious contender to complement my QC25. Reports on its noise-cancellation seem promising, and audio quality and feature set make it pretty compelling! Awaiting further reviews before deciding...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mikelat
Just got back from my first trip with them.

Still on first charge and it's over 80%.

The ANC worked pretty well.

It's bigger or thicker than a lot of the Bose and Beats cans people were wearing.

I tried watching shows on my iPad while lying down but if I turned on my left side, the pillow would hit the pause button on the left can so not the best placement for that button, though I imagine none of the over-the-year headphones are designed to be worn while lying down sideways so that one of the cans gets sandwiched between your head and the pillow/bed.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sign47
There seemed to be a micro cut out of sound (less than a second) when playing music quite consistently. Different from this complaint: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/21/11...comfort-flawed
That's odd, what kind of cut out? Are you saying all playback stopped, or just a specific frequency range? I haven't noticed anything odd in mine, but I haven't exactly been listening for anything specific either. If it's full cut out for a moment, I surely would have noticed it. Maybe bluetooth issues with a specific device?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:02 am

I have noticed this micro cutout of sound as well. It only seems to appear if my QC 35 are connected to two devices at the same time (in my case a Macbook Pro and an iPhone). I disconnected them on the Macbook Pro and then the sound was fine.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by jww947
I would suggest you go with the QC35. They can be used in the wired and wireless mode (it comes with a cable). You won't be able to use AAA batteries because it uses rechargeable batteries. You get slightly better noise cancelling with the QC35. The rechargeable batteries work great for me now whose to say what they will be like one year from now. If batteries is your main factor go with the QC25 if not get the QC35.
I'm wondering....

Since Bose is not offering battery replacement for the QC35(either now or ever),
what happens if the internal battery craps out completely in a couple of years?
Will I be able to power it via a portable USB battery? Or must the internal
battery still have some juice?

also, is the QC35 bigger or smaller than the QC25? I bought the QC25 as a
present last Christmas, but they were too small for his head, so ended up returning
them. Should I get him the QC35 to try again? (yes, very big head...
only size XXXXL hat size fits: http://www.bigheadcaps.com/
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Siberian_Viktorya
I'm wondering....

Since Bose is not offering battery replacement for the QC35(either now or ever),
battery still have some juice?
I was thinking about this as a last resort as well, but as reported by aschuett upthread, you can't charge and use the QC35 in powered mode at the same time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26928055-post57.html

Unfortunately, for this reason I don't see the QC35 as being very feasible for me until/unless Bose announces a way to replace the battery, and highly preferably a user-replaceable solution.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by witlesspax
I was thinking about this as a last resort as well, but as reported by aschuett upthread, you can't charge and use the QC35 in powered mode at the same time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26928055-post57.html

Unfortunately, for this reason I don't see the QC35 as being very feasible for me until/unless Bose announces a way to replace the battery, and highly preferably a user-replaceable solution.
I think the solution is to buy the SquareTrade 2 or 3 year warranty.

A couple of years ago, I bought the $299 Sony XBAH3 earbuds. After 15 months, the left(or was it right) side had become much quieter than the other side. I was so glad that I bought the SquareTrade warranty for $19. I called them and they just issued me a refund and a return label to ship the earbuds back. $19 was totally worth it to protect $299 earbuds.

Of course, I can also recommend Assurant and Canopy extended warranties. Amazon sells all 3 of them and I've had perfect service from all 3. I just buy whichever one has the cheapest plan at time of purchase. However, do NOT buy it from Warrentech, which is the default extended warranty that Amazon's Bose QC35 page shows.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Bose's solution is that you upgrade to the QC45 or whatever they will call the next model.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:23 am

I think the solution is to buy the SquareTrade 2 or 3 year warranty.

A couple of years ago, I bought the $299 Sony XBAH3 earbuds. After 15 months, the left(or was it right) side had become much quieter than the other side. I was so glad that I bought the SquareTrade warranty for $19. I called them and they just issued me a refund and a return label to ship the earbuds back. $19 was totally worth it to protect $299 earbuds.

Of course, I can also recommend Assurant and Canopy extended warranties. Amazon sells all 3 of them and I've had perfect service from all 3. I just buy whichever one has the cheapest plan at time of purchase. However, do NOT buy it from Warrentech, which is the default extended warranty that Amazon's Bose QC35 page shows.
Interesting approach, but do they really cover battery issues? And how badly does the battery have to perform in order to be eligible for a claim? I also dislike having a ticking clock on how long the warranty lasts even if it is much longer, even with 3 years extended I would be out of support with my current set. Still, an interesting option.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I'm wondering....

battery still have some juice?http://www.bigheadcaps.com/
So, I think with LI they shouldn't crap out in a couple years, probably more like 5-6 years then they should get 85% of max cap..

but, as bose has such a great upgrade/swap program historically at least, I think one could count on being able to go in with a purchased pair of QC35 in 3-5 years and pay 125$ for a new pair trade in. That's just the way it's been in the past - of course for other issues not battery but I don't see this as being much different.

but once apple buys them out we'll have genius bar to deal with and that could change things.

update: looks like things might have just changed recently

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-change-2.html
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
but once apple buys them out we'll have genius bar to deal with and that could change things.

that'll happen after Apple switches to AMOLED for all iPhones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.