Samsung Galaxy S7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Samsung Galaxy S7

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
I am usually pretty easy on phones. I don't think I will be taking a drill to it.

I forgot to mention that when I get the phone on Friday, it will come with the Samsung VR. Want to buy it?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
That charger doesn't list S7 as a compatible model.
Pretty sure any wireless charger that works on the S6 will work on the S7. Might not have the Fast Charge 2.0 or whatever the latest version is called, but I can't imagine it wouldn't work at all.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Edited to add: ordered just now. Will be sent via overnight shipping on Friday (maybe earlier).
Arriving tomorrow. Along with both cases and 128GB microSD card from Amazon. ^
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Purely out of curiosity, what do you keep on your phone that requires you to have a 128GB SD card?

I bought the 64 GB Nexus 6 in 2014, and truth be told I still haven't even remotely approached 32 GB yet so the 32 would have been fine.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
Purely out of curiosity, what do you keep on your phone that requires you to have a 128GB SD card?
Nothing, really. It was really cheap. I have 86GB free on my 128GB S6 right now.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Nothing, really. It was really cheap. I have 86GB free on my 128GB S6 right now.
Carry on then!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:12 pm

I could have gotten the S7 today at Best Buy. It would have come with the Samsung VR headset, $50 in content credit (for the VR headset) and a 64gb SD card. However, the guy helping left while I was on the phone with Verizon to ask some questions. I would have had to pay off my phone ($250 or so but get a $200 credit from Verizon in their buyback program). I would have had to pay sales tax on the phone, around $45.

At Costco, I could get the S7 with the same headset, a $50 Costco card, a $50 content credit, and a 64gb SD card if I paid off my phone and paid the sales tax, around $60. I would have to pay the phone off with Verizon prior to going to Costco.

If I go to the Verizon store tomorrow, I can do all the transaction there. I would get the VR headset and get an immediate account credit of $200 for turning in my old S5. But no other promotions available.

On the brightside, I received all the items from Amazon (screen protector, wireless charger, case) so I am all set.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Only Mrs. Swede's phone arrived today. I'm still playing with it before I give it to her.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When I compare it next to the S6, it is noticeably smaller, which I like. The extra thickness doesn't bother me at all.

My biggest gripe so far is the Smart Switch process. I wish it gave you the option to automatically move all photos and videos from the old phone directly to the SD card.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:00 pm

Well, I have had my S7 for 7 hours now and I think I have it finally tweaked so it has all my apps in the right place. The only frustrating thing is that I can't add my old ringtone or at least select it as the default. I have searched several sites and even asked the almighty Google. I follow the directions listed but when I click on Add Ringtone, I am taken back to the original screen. And I absolutely hate all the Verizon ringtones.

Do not buy the iCarez screen protector. It was my fault for not paying attention to the description. It said it does not cover the entire screen. Sure enough, it is about 1/8" on either side to small. I might go back to the Verizon store and buy their screen protector.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The T-Mobile rep said that it would be shipped today and arrive on Monday. According to the UPS e-mail, I will receive it tomorrow. Never thought TMO would pay the extra $$ for Saturday delivery. ^
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Cool

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Do not buy the iCarez screen protector. It was my fault for not paying attention to the description. It said it does not cover the entire screen. Sure enough, it is about 1/8" on either side to small. I might go back to the Verizon store and buy their screen protector.
I don't think any screen protector is going to be able to go edge-to-edge given how they roll off / chamfer.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:42 pm

I'm looking forward upgrading from my S4. It has been a solid phone for 2.5 years but it is getting slower by the day. Plan on hitting the T-Mobile store on Tuesday.

Is the S7 battery living up to all the hype? I have a 3000 mAh in my S4 and can't make a full day on it. I am not a heavy user either.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EVA777
I'm looking forward upgrading from my S4. It has been a solid phone for 2.5 years but it is getting slower by the day. Plan on hitting the T-Mobile store on Tuesday.

Is the S7 battery living up to all the hype? I have a 3000 mAh in my S4 and can't make a full day on it. I am not a heavy user either.
I've only had my S7E since Tuesday evening, but I'm loving the battery thus far. I couldn't believe my battery was actually still at 60% or 70% when I got home from work. Granted I wasn't using the device a ton, but even on my one heavier use day I was still close to 50%.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I've only had my S7E since Tuesday evening, but I'm loving the battery thus far. I couldn't believe my battery was actually still at 60% or 70% when I got home from work. Granted I wasn't using the device a ton, but even on my one heavier use day I was still close to 50%.
Same here. Love how long the battery lasts. Plus, love my new wireless charger. My only small issue is the ambient light it gives off at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.