Reload this Page >

Samsung Galaxy S7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Samsung Galaxy S7

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:03 am

Has anyone found a suitable fix to silence the highly irritating "Samsung Game Service" notifications? This junk keeps popping up a few times a day. I have been hunting for a solution but keep coming up empty.

My phone is not rooted, T-Mobile service.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've just had the Game Service notifications start on me in the last few days. I've been able to keep them from popping-over and from appearing on the lock screen, but they're still in the notification area. I'll be curious to find a solution too.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I've just had the Game Service notifications start on me in the last few days. I've been able to keep them from popping-over and from appearing on the lock screen, but they're still in the notification area. I'll be curious to find a solution too.
It has been asking to update for the last few months but it was not occurring too often. Now it has taken the liberty to update itself and tell me about it multiple times per day. For the money we all spend on these phones, I find this very very irritating and annoying. I should be allowed to disable things I have no interest in.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I always gave it permission when it requested to update, but have had the same "update announcement" notifications for the last few days too.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I have simply disabled it completely.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I have simply disabled it completely.
How? No matter what I do this thing keeps on annoying. This is 5* bloatware garbage.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Try Package Disabler. It allows you to disable all of the bloatware in one action.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've had my S7 for a week now. The battery life is great compared to my previous S6.

Other than that, not much different. I've not dared do the "dunk test"
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've had my S7 for a week now. The battery life is great compared to my previous S6.

Other than that, not much different. I've not dared do the "dunk test"
I did the dunk (and shower) test with my old Sony Xperia Z. It was awesome.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I ordered the Note 7 with a 256gb card through samsung.com. I wonder who is getting it also?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have no plans on giving up my Galaxy S7 until there is a new phone that will support the new 600 mHz LTE band, so probably in 2018.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The battery life seems to have got even better over the last month or so.

After a 12 day at the office, it's still 70%. I don't use it heavily, generally only for emails and a few apps, but my old S6 would be down to about 25% by that time.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: Independent
Anyone have a good recommendation for really thin but good quality shell for the S7 (normal, not edge)? Just replaced my work S3 with a S7, so need a new case. I plan on also using a slip case with it, but I am finding something about the material or physical design I cant get as good a grip on this phone as the S3.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Anyone have a good recommendation for really thin but good quality shell for the S7 (normal, not edge)? Just replaced my work S3 with a S7, so need a new case. I plan on also using a slip case with it, but I am finding something about the material or physical design I cant get as good a grip on this phone as the S3.
I'm a reviewer for Spigen and they sent me the whole S7 Edge case lineup. Out of all the cases, the one i liked the best was this one: https://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-.../dp/B01A7ICWTQ

I think it looks professional, really thin and the kind of case you would be looking at if you wanted a thin case but not to Ringke Slim extremes. I prefer TPU cases all the way than hard cases. I would take a look at the Rugged armor instead of any hard case. Are you putting it inside another case? A TPU case would be enough.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Cloudship
I've used Diztronic cases for several Galaxies and have always been happy with the grip, fit, feel and price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BDWIOJW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.