Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Android Apps on Windows 10 Tablet

Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent

I went to an event last 3eek, and won a 8in tablet! It came with Windows, I upgraded it from 8.1 to 10.

I like the format of this one, and it is perfect for what I need when traveling for an entertainment device. However, a few things I really want to use when traveling are Android apps and I cant find good Windows equivalents. I did find this app: AmiDuOS. Has anyone used it? Any feedback, or other alternatives?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:46 am

I would also like to know,
I have a few Nokia smartphones I got on clearance for $15 but the missing google apps stop me from using them,

With the Amazon Fire Tablet someone figured out how to add Google Play so you could use those apps ( I know Amazon Fire is modified Android) but maybe someone will figure out a way to use the same idea for Windows phones and tablets
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
Try BlueStacks. It works on Windows 8.1 and is supposed to work on Windows 10.

http://www.bluestacks.com/
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
There are many comparisons - a quick Google will find them. From a quick read, Amiduos looks to be a better choice than Bluestacks, Andy, etc., as long as you're OK paying the $10-15. But read the reviews to be sure.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I had an older version of AmiDuOS running fairly well on an Asus T100TAM 10.1" Windows Tablet with Windows 10, but it was the older version based on KitKat. Only real downsides were it didn't auto-rotate the screen and it seemed to be particularly taxing on battery life... not sure if the newer versions have fixed this. Looks like there's a trial available of AmiDuOS so you may want to give it a try before you pay for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.