Any recommendations for a two port USB travel charger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any recommendations for a two port USB travel charger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by boltjames
This looks great but there is ambiguity over whether this can charge two devices at 2.1A each simultaneously.

Will this charge an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air II at the same time at 2.1A high speed?

BJ
The 2 port Anker/ChargeTech hums a bit at a high frequency when charging. Useful to know if you intend on plugging it into lamp sockets next to hotel beds and can hear the same frequencies.

I misplaced my USB Voltage tester or I'd check the voltage for you.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by boltjames
This looks great but there is ambiguity over whether this can charge two devices at 2.1A each simultaneously.

Will this charge an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air II at the same time at 2.1A high speed?

BJ
No way. It's quoted as 12W and you just asked for 2*5V*2.1A=21W. This charger can do two devices at 1A and that's it. As I noted in another forum, I have survived with a laptop doing 0.5A juggling three devices but that was tricky. 2*1A is aplenty for my usage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.