Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyroam vs Glocalme

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Skyroam vs Glocalme

Has anyone used both Skyroam and Glocalme and can give a review of how they stack up against each other?

I recently got a Skyroam, but for some reason am unable to connect to the network, so I'm contemplating returning it for the Glocalme.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:41 am

Hey redvelvetmartinis! This is Cyndie from Skyroam's San Francisco office. We can help you out. Can you please reach out to our support team with details for troubleshooting (submit a ticket here)? + Quick Tip: If you're on Windows 7 or 8, you may need to update your OS for a fix, there are known bugs affecting WiFi connections. Cheers
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:46 am

Glocalme service

As the staff from the GlocalMe team, we are more than happy to offer the opportunity for you to test the GlocalMe samples by yourself and see how the connectivity is. Currently our service supports 3G/4G networks in 108+ countries and it's stil counting. If you like, please contact me via [email protected],thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I don't have either, but your post got me interested. Glocalme seems to have a wider network.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mod note - there were a couple responses apparently from both companies sitting in the mod queue. I've approved them, so that's why they suddenly appeared. Sorry for the delay in doing that.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by N1120A
I don't have either, but your post got me interested. Glocalme seems to have a wider network.
Thans for your support.Please follow GlocalMe on Facebook and you can also preorder GlocalMe G2 on Amazon (
Amazon.com: GlocalMe G2 World's First 4G Global Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Featured Free Roaming, Advanced Smart UI & Worldwide Sim-Free Internet Access Amazon.com: GlocalMe G2 World's First 4G Global Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Featured Free Roaming, Advanced Smart UI & Worldwide Sim-Free Internet Access
)
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:20 pm

I just got the Skyroam for a trip to Hong Kong, Thailand and UAE
No 4G service anywhere, average speeds .5mb up and download, couldn't send any pictures with that low speed
also battery only lasted about 4 hours
wish I could return it and find something faster
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by flguy
No 4G service anywhere, average speeds .5mb up and download, couldn't send any pictures with that low speed
I used SKyroam in the UAE and Australia. A friend has taken it to Indonesia. I found it fully serviceable. While I am not going to pretend that I wouldn't love LTE, I was able to complete several court documents, conduct legal research on Westlaw, and upload the documents to the appropriate service portals.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by flguy
Hi : I think you can take GlocalMe into consideration,our service supports 3G/4G networks in 108+ countries.And we will recruiting GlocalMe G2 experiencer in February. It's a global project. Please follow on our facebook (GlocalMe International) , maybe you can becoming our G2 experiencer.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by placestogo
Hi : I think you can take GlocalMe into consideration,our service supports 3G/4G networks in 108+ countries.And we will recruiting GlocalMe G2 experiencer in February. It's a global project. Please follow on our facebook (GlocalMe International) , maybe you can becoming our G2 experiencer.
Great thank you I will look into this and hope I can do
Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: Air: CO/BA/LH/AFKLM Hotel: HH/GP/Marriott/LHW/SPG
GlocalMe less local

I was a big fan of GlocalMe up to very recently as they used to have 10-20$ packages per GB for almost every country in Europe. But today landing in the NL I was utterly disappointed to see that they do not offer any packages anymore outside Southeast Asia. I can still use GlocalMe but I have to use the most expensive Global package at $30/GB. So interested now in trying Skyroam...
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:45 am

$30 for a Gig being high. Boy are we forgetting what we used to pay.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by placestogo
As the staff from the GlocalMe team, we are more than happy to offer the opportunity for you to test the GlocalMe samples by yourself and see how the connectivity is. Currently our service supports 3G/4G networks in 108+ countries and it's stil counting. If you like, please contact me via [email protected],thanks!
Let me ask you a question about your G1 v. G2. If I have a G1 and want to upgrade to the G2, is there a way to move my balance forward to the newer unit?
Old May 7, 2016, 12:17 am

I own a SkyRoam now, Use it in Asia. it's not bad. but, not fast. What I like about it, is that is completely independant. Meaning, you buy 24hrs.. you get 24hrs from time of start. anywhere in the world. So, you fly from HKG to PHP, you sit in airport from 3pm until your flight at 5pm.. you will get 2hrs in HKG, then the flight (not working) and then when you land in PHP, you still get the remaing hours until 3pm the next day in PHP. so, it keeps you working while you arrive, in taxi to hotel, etc.

But, it seems expensive for 10$ a day.. if you are traveling for 2 weeks, it's $140. That's way too much. they need to have month pass, or weekly. yes, they have 5 for 4, but, that still sucks.

In PHP, you can buy a month servive, and have the a local unit for about $50. but, it's limited to 800mb a day, and it resets at midnight..
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:08 pm

So, I just bought SkyRoam as I work in India and Asia Pacific Region. They say it's "unlimited data" and when I first log in, I get about 1.5Mbps connection, even though they say it's up to 40Mbps. Not worried about that so much.

After the first download of my mail in Outlook (about 100MB), it magically slows down to 128Kbps, which pretty much kills my ability to do skype meetings or even receive any Skype calls. So, my advice is because of their throttling, I would AVOID them. Waste of money for me.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.