Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TMobile Binge-On and Canada

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

TMobile Binge-On and Canada

Does Binge-On's free viewing apply when you are roMing in Canada on Simple Choice North America?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
Does Binge-On's free viewing apply when you are roMing in Canada on Simple Choice North America?
Unfortunately, no.

According to the FAQ here...

Does it also work internationally?
Binge On™ is only available while on our network in the United States
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

I saw that, but compare this:

Now when you travel throughout the U.S., Mexico, & Canada your phone works the same with 4G LTE data and unlimited calling and texting.

http://explore.t-mobile.com/3countryplan

I can certainly think of other situations where Canada is excluded from the US definition of "international." I suspect you are correct, but may push TMobile for confirmation and will report back.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:42 pm

I think I read the answer to that FAQ a little differently than you, in the sense that the wording is "on our network in the United States" meaning Canada/Mexico would be excluded because you're technically on someone else's network in those countries.

There is another question in the FAQ that pointed me to this conclusion. The question is something to the effect of "Will Binge On work when roaming in the US?" And the answer was also "No, Binge On works while on the T-Mobile US Network. But you can continue to use your data plan to stream video while roaming".

Seeing how the phrase "T-Mobile US network" is repeated in various forms made me conclude that Canada/Mexico without borders didn't matter in this instance.

But, I know where you're coming from. Most airlines consider Canada/Mexico to be domestic flights in terms of amenities/services, not international. And T-Mobile continually uses similar terminology.

I'd say push. Maybe I'm overanalyzing? Wouldn't be the first time!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Strange thing about TMobile's domestic roaming (and this is slightly off topic). Personal subscribers have a 50 meg off plan roaming limit for US roaming. Business subscribers don't face this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.