Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

iPhone 6s/6s Plus Humblebrag Thread - Who is Getting One Friday or Earlier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone 6s/6s Plus Humblebrag Thread - Who is Getting One Friday or Earlier?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Arrived LAX late Friday night. Went to my purse to summon Uber and my phone was gone When I got home the "Find my phone app" showed that it was on the jetway at LAX. I locked the phone and gave up any hope of getting it back.
The next day I spent hours on my computer trying to find a 6S in the L.A. area. It is a nightmare losing your phone the day the new Apple IPhone is released. I had been using the 6+. I finally found a store which had a 6s in stock. I find that I prefer the 6s to my former big 6+. Nice phone & I love the camera.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I upgraded from the 6 Plus.

Switching to T Mobile who will pay off the installments on my 6 Plus, which I've had since February.

One of the main reasons for switching is better camera. I like taking panos with the iPhone and 6S Plus will have many upgrades including many not so well publicized:

- higher resolution panos
- video stabilization for slow-mo and time lapse modes as well as for regular video modes.
- 1080p 120fps mode for slow mo. The 6 Plus only has 720p for slow mo.
- higher overall dynamic range despite the increase in pixels.

Here's a detailed review of the 6S and 6S Plus camera:

http://austinmann.com/trek/iphone-6s...ew-switzerland

I suspect using those external lenses helped this reviewer make such great images.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:30 am

I preordered the rose gold 6s the day preorders started. Received it in the mail the release day.

It's great so far. The battery lasts much better than my LG G2.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by wco81
I upgraded from the 6 Plus.

Switching to T Mobile who will pay off the installments on my 6 Plus, which I've had since February.

One of the main reasons for switching is better camera. I like taking panos with the iPhone and 6S Plus will have many upgrades including many not so well publicized:

- higher resolution panos
- video stabilization for slow-mo and time lapse modes as well as for regular video modes.
- 1080p 120fps mode for slow mo. The 6 Plus only has 720p for slow mo.
- higher overall dynamic range despite the increase in pixels.

Here's a detailed review of the 6S and 6S Plus camera:

http://austinmann.com/trek/iphone-6s...ew-switzerland

I suspect using those external lenses helped this reviewer make such great images.
Here's a "counter" review. http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/14/iphone-6s-camera-dxomark/

I disagree with them that the 6s is no better, but I do agree that it is still behind many android options. (I'm an iPhone user)
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well I have my Nikon DSLR for low light photos.

But I liked the 6 Plus camera to supplement the DSLR so pretty sure the 6S Plus will be a noticeable improvement for the videos and photos I take.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:23 pm

Do you find 3d touch useful or gimmicky?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by glob99
Useful for previewing emails, webpages and other things. Overall it saves time by seeing what can be skipped.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by glob99
I'm starting to get the hang of the different things. I'm finding that its use in Safari to be the best. I can open a link in a pop up to see if I want to actually read the link. (Really a time saver on Reddit.) More apps are starting to take advantage of it. Instagram, Twitter, Safari, and Messages are where I use it the most. It is kinda like Apple Pay, not prevalent at first, but will be pretty much everywhere soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.