Search

iOS 9 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cubbie
I updated our iPad 2 to ios 9 a few days ago. The one problem we're having, and it's a big one, is that Safari keeps crashing. Just checking my usual FT subscribed threads and forums this evening, I've gotten dumped out and had to log in somewhere between 9 and 12 times; I've lost count.
Maybe try 9.0.2? It fixes a lot of problems. Much more than what Apple listed.

However my intermittent WiFi problem still exists on my iPhone 5s. The first time I turn on WiFi, it won't completely associate to my home AP. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by stimpy
Maybe try 9.0.2? It fixes a lot of problems. Much more than what Apple listed. However my intermittent WiFi problem still exists on my iPhone 5s. The first time I turn on WiFi, it won't completely associate to my home AP. I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work.
No going back on restoring earlier ones - Apple/iTune now stopped signing iOS 9.0 along with 8.4.x updated my i5s to 9.0.2 also yesterday (this patch is bigger in size, installed OTA again without a hitch)

Don't noticed any difference between 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 with my running Apps, especially travel ones (dozens of Apps getting updated to catch up with 9) Counting my lucky stars on not having WiFi and I updated from 8.4.1 to 9.0 while traveling abroad and had time to backup before OTA.

Meanwhile, leaving some of extended family member's assorted devices on 7.x and 8.x - especially the various Pads, banking Apps might - however, soon be promptly for newer iOS to continue to run (however, we seldom use or run them on ours)
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by cubbie
I updated our iPad 2 to ios 9 a few days ago. The one problem we're having, and it's a big one, is that Safari keeps crashing. Just checking my usual FT subscribed threads and forums this evening, I've gotten dumped out and had to log in somewhere between 9 and 12 times; I've lost count.
That's not happening to me, although it was happening with the latest 8.4.2 or whatever the number was. On 9.02 it hasn't happened yet. Someone elsewhere suggested downloading an ad blocker from the App Store as a fix for their issue with Safari doing that.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:57 pm

From: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/06/...-wifi-calling/

The FCC has now granted AT&T's wifi calling waiver request, allowing the carrier to proceed with its Wi-Fi calling launch plans. The waiver is available on the FCC website [PDF] and grants AT&T the right to delay implementing a teletypewriter (TTY) service for the deaf until December 31, 2017.

Though AT&T now has its waiver, the company has not yet provided a timeline on when its subscribers can expect to have access to Wi-Fi calling.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:11 am

With the previous ios and my iphone6, I would take photos on the plane, with my headphones on and could listen to music as I shot still pics.

With ios 9, specifically 9.0.2, when I open the photos app, the music output is silenced, as I guess the app takes over the mic. But this is true even if I am shooting a still photo with live photos turned off.

Why do they have to do it that way? I guess I can shoot with camera+ and not have that problem. ugh.

-David
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Two pretty big issues I've noticed on my iPhone 6.

1) the update removed visual voicemail

2) I can no longer select multiple photos to attach to an MMS. I have to select them all individually.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:14 am

Honestly, the biggest advantage to iOS 9 for me is Safari's support for content (ad) blockers. I spent a couple of bucks on Purify, and it's made my iPad-based FlyerTalk experience SO much better

I had previously been using Chrome, but I don't think I'll be going back unless Google implements a similar capability.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cmd320
Two pretty big issues I've noticed on my iPhone 6.

1) the update removed visual voicemail
Not for me it didn't. Maybe you have a setting wrong or something.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Not for me it didn't. Maybe you have a setting wrong or something.
Me either. Visual voicemail still works fine.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
Honestly, the biggest advantage to iOS 9 for me is Safari's support for content (ad) blockers. I spent a couple of bucks on Purify, and it's made my iPad-based FlyerTalk experience SO much better
I'm newbie to ad blockers
Purify requires both iOS 9 and Safari?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dtsm
Yes, they all do at this point.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
Yes. The version of Safari supplied with iOS 9 is the first on iOS to support content-blocking add-ins. Other browsers may support ad blocking (Dolphin comes to mind), but I prefer Safari and Chrome. And until Chrome supports ad-blocking, Safari exclusively
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:33 pm

My biggest issue is with the delayed E-Mail search. It takes a good 2 minutes plus to pull up an E-Mail from search where it was basically instantaneous before. So much for an advance of the craft.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
No issues with visual voicemail, or MMS attachment.

Apple Pay is flakey though, and half of the time when I send an MMS through iMessage it gets sent as a text vs an iMessage message. Not sure if that is a T-Mobile quirk, or the device, or the software version.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Have a problem with posting here since the upgrade. If I tap too fast, it inserts extra characters.

And sometimes scrolling in mail in landscape, if I scroll down within a message, it goes to another message, as if I tapped a message lower down in the left column.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.