Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amazon Prime Instant Video will let you download movies/TV shows

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Playon has a holiday sale of $39.99 for the lifetime pass.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Tried this recently on iPad and it worked really well. Great for long flights.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
This is giving Prime Streaming a huge benefit over my Netflux account. I've recently stayed at two different hotels with poor entertainment options; Prime + iPlayer + Sky Go + All 4 (and a nearly full 64Gb iPad Air 2) have been sufficient.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ScottC
Yes, after 27 movies I got an error that I could not download any more.
I find I run up against that now at 20 videos: free Prime ones and purchased/rented ones combined.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I find I run up against that now at 20 videos: free Prime ones and purchased/rented ones combined.
I wonder if that's because you are running out of internal memory. The app stores the download in internal memory and won't let me change it to SD card.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
where are the videos stored?

I downloaded a movie to my android phone, but I can't see where it is stored! I'd like to be able to find it to delete it when I am finished (I think there is a way to do it from the amazon app? but what if I don't have a data connection and want to delete it?

Originally Posted by Need
I wonder if that's because you are running out of internal memory. The app stores the download in internal memory and won't let me change it to SD card.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by estnet
I downloaded a movie to my android phone, but I can't see where it is stored! I'd like to be able to find it to delete it when I am finished (I think there is a way to do it from the amazon app? but what if I don't have a data connection and want to delete it?
I don't think you can locate it. It is stored somewhere in the amazon video app memory cache or something. But you could still delete it from the Amazon Video app even if you are in airplane mode. If you put your phone on airplane mode, the only thing the app will let you do is to watch downloaded videos or delete them.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:52 pm

My wife said that once you begin viewing a movie it will lock you out after 48 hours.

Does anyone know if you can just download it again and restart the clock?

Also, there is a limit to the number of downloads you can have for one account. So if you have 4 family members sharing one account, it will reduce the number of downloads you can have.

Cheers!

jeff
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Is this the replacement for Amazon Unbox (which I previously used)?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Is this the replacement for Amazon Unbox (which I previously used)?
No. Unbox was for rented or purchased movies/shows. This thread is discussing Amazon Prime videos, which if you are already a Prime member, are basically free with your membership but until recently could not be download for offline viewing.

Regards
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Downloading Amazon Prime Instant Video to iPad?

So I have Amazon Prime and I just found out that there's a separate app for Amazon Video for the iPad where you can supposedly download video to watch offline.

I followed these instructions:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-do...fline-viewing/

But, I don't see the download icon available for anything. Not even the "Flight of the Concords" show that is shown in the c|net article.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by warreng24
So I have Amazon Prime and I just found out that there's a separate app for Amazon Video for the iPad where you can supposedly download video to watch offline.

I followed these instructions:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-do...fline-viewing/

But, I don't see the download icon available for anything. Not even the "Flight of the Concords" show that is shown in the c|net article.

What am I doing wrong?
Are you the primary on the Amazon Prime account? Or an authorized/family member? Only the primary account is able to download videos for offline viewing (family accounts can still stream though)

Regards
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by scubadu
Are you the primary on the Amazon Prime account? Or an authorized/family member? Only the primary account is able to download videos for offline viewing (family accounts can still stream though)

Regards
Ah! That explains it. I wasn't aware of that restriction.

I share my Amazon prime with my friend. I am her Amazon prime "spouse" in the household.

I wonder if you can switch primary accounts between the Amazon "Spouses"

Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Does the HBOGo app let you download videos for offline viewing? What about linking HBOGo in the Amazon Video app?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Dunbar
Does the HBOGo app let you download videos for offline viewing? What about linking HBOGo in the Amazon Video app?
No, HBO does not allow downloading of content for offline viewing.

However, Amazon Prime does offer some (limited) HBO content and some of that you can indeed be download for offline viewing, but you are doing that via Amazon, no HBO.

I have no idea what you are referring to re: "linking HBOGo in the Amazon Video app" If you are talking about Amazon's recent announcement, where you can pay additional fees to add on some premium content subscriptions, HBO was not one of the partners announced (at least so far) in that program.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.