Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Best way to buy an inexpensive/refurbished Samsung tablet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

I ask for a friend, who wants to buy for a relative an inexpensive/refurbished Samsung or other Android-based tablet. He wants it for a relative who has limited mobility and is almost completely tech unsavvy. She does however have unlimited wifi and data access. He'd like to get her a large-screen (10-inch ballpark), screen-resolution-unimportant tablet so she can do things like watching movies on Netflix on the days when he's not visiting her. We got our own iPad refurbished from the Apple store, so I know those exist, but he wants to get her an Android tablet, not an iPad.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Ebay?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
blinq.com is usually ok
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
New ones are pretty cheap these days. I saw the 7 inch for $149 and the 10 inch for $249. This is a good price on a 10" from BestBuy at $249 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...=1219105521882

Walmart appears to be selling some refurbs here:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/electr...U2Ftc3VuZwieie

You'd probably have good luck solving any problems through a big retailer like them.

Cheers,

Doc
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
www.techforless.com

A pretty huge inventory of refurb and open box. From $75. I've always had good experiences with them.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:06 am

Did you check best buy, walmart ,Amazon etc,; I always buy refurbished stuff from reliable online stores Best Buy deals
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by believer
Did you check best buy, walmart ,Amazon etc,; I always buy refurbished stuff from reliable online stores Best Buy deals
If you have access to costco it seems to me that some of their prices for new tablets are the same or less as the bestbuy refurbished!

I also have sold some almost new ones on ebay b/c I wasn't using them and I believe ebay has a buyer guarantee (but check for yourself)
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Thanks for the suggestions so far; I've passed them on. I hadn't heard of some of those sites and also didn't know Walmart sold refurbished tablets. My friend went into a Best Buy store to ask about refurbished tablets but didn't get much help. He may have better luck with the website. I am a Costco member, so I checked the website and current flyer for sales and will pass the info on to him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.