Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Which airlines use Apple's Passbook and anyone used it on the Apple Watch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:07 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks a lot deniah, I will look out for this on upcoming trips
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:26 pm

I just recently discovered the point deniah has made when booking a Eurostar (train from London to Paris via tunnel). Didn't realise other companies did that even if they don't have a native app so I'll keep an eye out in the future!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by IslesFan
I'm 1 for 3 on using it this morning at LGA:

TSA: Had the barcode open for about two minutes before the TDC. Looks like passbook has a timeout of some sorts? Lesson learned, access the barcode right before.

SkyClub: "Our scanner isnt set up for the barcode to be raised that high" (The reader was facing down)

Gate: Success!
2 for 2 today out of STL. I was worried about the gate BP scanner, similar in setup to the LGA skyclub, but it worked fine.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Delta, US Airways has it, too. I used with my iPhone for almost 2 years and it's great. I can scan my eboarding pass.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by wcj1
If you slide your watch around your wrist so the face is on the bottom of your wrist, it improves scanning ease a lot.

I have the Sport version and it does not set off the metal detector.
Good idea!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Quick question about the Delta app and the Apple Watch. Has anyone else noticed that you have to open the app on the iPhone for it to actually load on the Watch? If I don't do that, the Watch app will sit on the loading screen forever. It probably won't be an issue with boarding passes since they'll be in Passbook but the Watch app does seem to be less useful as a result of that issue.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
Quick question about the Delta app and the Apple Watch. Has anyone else noticed that you have to open the app on the iPhone for it to actually load on the Watch? If I don't do that, the Watch app will sit on the loading screen forever. It probably won't be an issue with boarding passes since they'll be in Passbook but the Watch app does seem to be less useful as a result of that issue.

You actually got the delta app on the watch to work? I posted in the delta forum, no dice for me.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
You actually got the delta app on the watch to work? I posted in the delta forum, no dice for me.
Yep. Doesn't seem to do much right now since I can't check in yet:

Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:11 am

When I had problems with the United app, I found that uninstalling it all and reinstalling it fixed my problem, in case you haven't tried that.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I've used it on DL and UA, works fine. neither shows much info and really is only useful for the day of travel. Assuming you've added the BP to your passbook officially, it's nice to have it just one swipe down from boarding.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 12:13 am
Original Poster

It seems that whenever I book Cathay on Aa, I don't get to use the mobile boarding pass. I don't understand why but it says mobile boarding pass it not available on the crap Cx app.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
You can add Germanwings to the list of airlines using it - did so over the weekend. I do find, however, that I only have a 50% success rate with UA.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, AZ Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, HHonors Gold
QF and VA also have Passbook BPs, at least for domestic flights. I have also had CX Passbook BPs on flights to HKG (but not on flights to SYD).
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:26 am

Programs: Global Entry,TSA PRE,LH FTL,Delta Silver,AA Med.
luv the Combi IP &Apple Watch

Now i tested the Combination Passbook the last 6 month with my Iwatch on LH and Delta, and it works nearly perfect, itīs a nice Toy that makes some sence.

And it allways looks cool when ya just swipe your watch on the scanner.

regards
Mike
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I use passbook almost exclusively. I hate when I'm forced to take paper BPs. Airlines I've used it on...

AC, AA, UA, NH, WS, AV. I tried using mobile for CM, but as I recall it wasn't passbook and you had to use their app or something, I forget, but either way I don't think it worked out for me.

That is for the flights where it works, damn AC often times won't let me check in if it's not domestic for some reason. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

As far as the watch goes. I've had my BPs pop up...they don't anymore though for some reason, the AC app is super buggy on the watch in my experience other than the boarding notifications. The problem is the scanning, because the watch face is so small the agent needs to see not only the BP but you have to scroll to show your name so they can verify vs your ID. The other issue is the barcode, it's great for a top down scanner, but just think of how many gates you've been to where they only have face down scanning, where the agent either places your phone or BP face down on the glass. Try contorting your arm like that, plus the watch face will usually turn off. In practice I've had very little success with the watch. I'm not UPSET that I bought it, but it certainly hasn't really done anything for my life. Just tells me to stand up a lot , it does bring calorie burning and stuff to mind though even if it's not that accurate it makes you think about it which is good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.