Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluetooth tracking devices? (TrackR)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Bluetooth tracking devices? (TrackR)

Does anyone here use a 'Bluetooth Tracking Device'? Are they any good?

Just last week, I lost my wallet - it fell out of my pocket while I was in a restaurant. I was in Japan, and I got it back intact in a couple of hours later; but it got me looking into these small Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) tags, which pair with a smartphone and will trigger an alert if they become separated.

I'm considering the TrackR Bravo, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, or any other similar gadget?

Am generally keen to know if your phone reliably notifies you when the tag is out of range, if you encounter any false positives, and how often do you have to replace the batteries in your tag.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:44 am

I have had the TrackR Bravo for about two weeks (one on my keys another on my eyeglass case) and am not impressed, particularly with the separation alerts.

It works ok in telling me where my phone last saw an item, but the alerts are a mess. My phone (HTC One M8) constantly alerts, even when I'm holding the TrackR Bravo in one hand and the phone in the other. It's also not possible (best I can tell) to stop the alert on the phone. I've had to turn them off -- and the separation alerts were the main reason I wanted them.

Hopefully they can continue to improve the technology.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.