Search

gogo Beta InFlight Texting for Android

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
gogo Beta InFlight Texting for Android

Saw this on Reddit. It doesn't require T-Mobile US and a TMOUS phone to work, and right now is only for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gogo.app&hl=en
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Try out Gogo’s newest app, Gogo Text! This revolutionary app lets you send and receive texts using your own contact list and smartphone. Simply register the app on the ground and bring it onboard your next Gogo equipped flight to text from the cloud tops. This app/service will work with the four major U.S. based wireless carriers.
Several legitimate sounding technical difficulties reported, but I suspect this is not one of them:

Does not work Never was able to send one text. My carrier is Republic Wireless. Message just said failed attempt, try again. And to make sure I was on the ground to receive the 1st text. I was on the ground. I really wanted it to work.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Republic's backend is all Sprint. For most instances, the MVNO identifies as the "host" carrier, not the reseller.

I haven't had any issues with texting on gogo with T-Mobile though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.