OTish - Web Hosting - Who do you use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OTish - Web Hosting - Who do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Anyone ever switched hosts while keeping the domain..?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Thanks all - I went with godaddy and found a coupon online - came out to $1/mo for the first year for the economy single website hosting package not bad
I HATE GoDaddy. Cluttered, confusing website that constantly tries to upsell you, and frequent spam.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: UA MP Club (no status)
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Hi all,

I'm looking to host 3 very small low traffic websites - looking for web hosting suggestions. Don't need anything fancy, but needs to be reliable and cheap.

Can anyone recommend a web host? Thank you
One more vote for Nearlyfreespeech. We host six low-volume sites. The biggest cost BY FAR is annual domain renewal, which is STILL cheaper than other places.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: UA MP Club (no status)
Originally Posted by Mikity
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! Anyone ever switched hosts while keeping the domain..?
Half of the sites mentioned in my previous posts were switched, by the way. Your current host and/or registrar has to give you the information and guidance on how to do it.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Google currently has hosting plus privacy for $12/yr. Just moved several domains there from godaddy.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I HATE GoDaddy. Cluttered, confusing website that constantly tries to upsell you, and frequent spam.
+1

I also got frequent downtime alerts from my monitoring service when I hosted there. Their database servers were very overloaded.

I've been with HostGator for most of my simple shared hosting needs for years now. Cheap, reliable, and I like having cPanel. I wish the hadn't gotten bought out by EIG but I can't say I've really noticed any negative impact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.