Search

Unlocked BLU Smartphone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Unlocked BLU Smartphone

Hello,

Which unlocked BLU phone is good for use in the US and Europe? What specs should I be looking for?

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
AFAIK, BLU phones are factory unlocked as I don't believe carriers can relock them.
Is 4G/LTE data access a must or important or mainly voice/SMS for road travel? Which countries in Europe are you planning or frequently travel to? Typically, these devices will have the 4G/HSPA+ bands for US/the Americas OR global & Euro with the 2100 Mhz band being the most frequently used. You will need to decide what's more important with these (mostly) inexpensive lines of offering - like the Dash 5.0 just released, $99 USD shipped on #Bay ... (import/VAT to CDN address might be extra)
Use this site to check specs - http://www.phonearena.com/phones/BLU-Dash-5.0_id9018
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Pretty much any quad band one will work. They're all unlocked (and for mine, dual sim). I'm using a Win Jr (WP 8.1) and an Advance 4.0 (Android 4.2.2). Older ones like mine are only 3G but I don't use data too much (or, at all in Canada).

You may be able to get one from the Microsoft Store (ships from Richmond).
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
I will mostly be using for data. internet searches, maps, etc. the occasional phone call. That BLU 5.0 seems like it would fit my needs
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I'd get a Windows Phone 8.1 version. Maps are downloadable for free and don't require any data to use. The Translator also allows you to download language packs that can translate voice/speech, type and camera (point it at text and the translation appears on screen), again w/o data. Both work pretty well.

Haven't come across an equivalent translator for the Android phone and while maps can be downloaded free for the Android phone, it's much clunkier to do so and consumes a lot more storage space.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:36 pm

I bought a BLU Life Play 2 and while the phone is nice it turns out it only supports half of the frequencies used for LTE in some of the European countries I visit, resulting in very low speed. I had to go back to the LG phone to get normal data speeds. So do be careful about the frequencies you need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.