Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Eurotrip with iPhone 6: best SIM to get for data?

Eurotrip with iPhone 6: best SIM to get for data?

Old Apr 11, 2016, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linglingfool
If the Go Europe option wasn't properly added to the card, I'd take that up with the seller you bought it from.

Thanks for the report.
I got it directly from Spain Sur. When I tried to point this out, I was told to call their (not free) customer service line. At that point I just packed it in.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
2. WorldSIM. Works okay once you figure out not to dial a "+" to connect to their UK number. Problem is, it's not a British number, per se, it's the Isle of Man's, which incurs long distance charges from within England proper. It isn't disclosed when you purchase (just listed as a UK number). Works for what it's worth, but isn't cheap.
The website says UK to UK is $.15/min or free on inbound calls. Are you saying they charged something more? Or do you just mean that London locals had to pay to call you?

Last edited by rrgg; May 20, 2016 at 10:05 am
Old May 21, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: United Airlines MileagePlus
Originally Posted by rrgg
The website says UK to UK is $.15/min or free on inbound calls. Are you saying they charged something more? Or do you just mean that London locals had to pay to call you?
I believe it's the latter. People calling the world sim number think they are dialing a UK number (because it looks like one), but are charged a higher rate.

http://www.revk.uk/2013/03/worldsim-con.html
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vsuri
I believe it's the latter. People calling the world sim number think they are dialing a UK number (because it looks like one), but are charged a higher rate.

http://www.revk.uk/2013/03/worldsim-con.html
Correct.

World SIM refused to budge, btw. Lesson learned, will never do business with them again.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Correct.

World SIM refused to budge, btw. Lesson learned, will never do business with them again.
Did you ask to return the SIM and they wouldn't allow it? I don't know what else you could ask for. It's not like they can refund people who called you on whatever service they have.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrgg
Did you ask to return the SIM and they wouldn't allow it?
Yes, that's what I asked for - I wanted to get back the credit I currently have with them and return the SIMs. They just stopped responding to my messages.
I don't know what else you could ask for. It's not like they can refund people who called you on whatever service they have.
Correct. I wasn't asking for anything else - it'd have been quite ridiculous to do that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.