Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

How Do Map Before You Travel...Mark it, Save it, Something Else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do Map Before You Travel...Mark it, Save it, Something Else?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Former software developer here. You need to stop letting your mother control your finances! Grab that wallet when she isn't looking!

It's not like you are buying photoshop for $1000 or whatever that thing costs so you can touch up a photo, most of those app developers are just regular guys like us that do this on the side. I figure kicking down a few bucks isn't really going to change my life but it's a way to say "thank you" to the developer. These guys are getting beer money for their work, not Angry Birds millions.

I give at least that in a night to a random bartender who does little more than pour a beer and hand it over. Someone out there spent a lot of time developing an app that makes my life a littler easier and if kicking down a few bucks makes him feel like someone appreciated his work, it's worth it. There a lot of times where nobody is paying for it, lots of people are using it and there is always that one guy out there that sends constant hate mail about a feature he thinks should be included. A little positive reinforcement goes a long way.

If you can afford to pay $300++ for a smartphone, even spending a princely $5 a month is over time enough to buy pretty much every program that you regularly use that has a paid version. I'm all about try-before-buy but if you have something you love and use the heck out of it, let the developer know.

If you are in a place in life where you can't scrape together a few bucks (but have a fancy phone??), drop them a note and tell them you appreciate their work, that goes a long way too.

And stop asking your mom permission to spend your money! Move out of the house! And make your bed!
Haha. I love your great suggestions..
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: some
+1 DMSFCA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.