Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Cheap Wind Canadian Prepaid Data Offer ($100 for 12*1GB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.

1 year of 1GB/mo Mobile Internet Bundle $99

Get 1 GB/month for 12 months and a WIND SIM card for your tablet or data stick for just $99. Regular retail value is $205.

Above 1 GB/month of data use, your rates will be $10/1 GB up to a maximum of $30/month.

Only available for online purchase and all sales are final.

http://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-d...nternet-bundle
Seeing as I was paying Telus $30 a month for 1GB of prepaid data this seems like a worthy endeavor. If you're urban this should be workable for you.

Wind Canada is however AWS only, so be sure of device compatibility. Their SIM cards are one-size-fits-all.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Error 601
Seeing as I was paying Telus $30 a month for 1GB of prepaid data this seems like a worthy endeavor. If you're urban this should be workable for you.

Wind Canada is however AWS only, so be sure of device compatibility. Their SIM cards are one-size-fits-all.
Wind is a minor player with coverage and network availability issue. It is a good price for secondary service but I would not depend on them as my primary carrier.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I think it's a great deal if you already have a major carrier data plan for your smartphone (Rogers/Bell/Telus). It'll work well most of the time in well populated areas, and you could always tether when there's no reception.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Dave510
I think it's a great deal if you already have a major carrier data plan for your smartphone (Rogers/Bell/Telus). It'll work well most of the time in well populated areas, and you could always tether when there's no reception.
In GTA they are having network capacity issue due to their unlimited data plans.

I have the unlimited voice/SMS/Data Canada and US plan with them and I am also dealing with Robb(g)ers from H(B)ell.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I used Wind in Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto for several years without difficulty. The only place that jumps out in my mind as having not worked is in N.W. Calgary by the garbage dump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.