Community
Wiki Posts
Search

App to Keep Track of Receipts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Does anyone know what languages work with Evernote OCR?
their OCR support more than 25 languages and you can set it up as you wish in "personal settings"
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by WinstonXu
their OCR support more than 25 languages and you can set it up as you wish in "personal settings"
Can't find that in the app or on the website!

And when scanning a receipt, is there a way of scrolling in the scan so I don't have to take multiple pictures of the same receipt?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Should there be any concerns that receipts show part of your credit card number and you're putting that in the cloud?

If you go overseas, they expose different parts of the credit card number on the receipt than American stores.
It's far far more likely that a waiter or retail clerk will steal your number than that it would be compromised by part of it being stored in the cloud.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 11:46 am

Can't find that in the app or on the website!

And when scanning a receipt, is there a way of scrolling in the scan so I don't have to take multiple pictures of the same receipt?
After you log in to your account on Evernote website, go to account setting - personal settings - in the language session, pick your Recognition Language.

I am not sure what do you mean about scanning a receipt, are you talking about scanning via a phone? or a scanner, I use Scansnap from Evernote, which pretty much an effortless way to keep my receipt.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

After you log in to your account on Evernote website, go to account setting - personal settings - in the language session, pick your Recognition Language.

I am not sure what do you mean about scanning a receipt, are you talking about scanning via a phone? or a scanner, I use Scansnap from Evernote, which pretty much an effortless way to keep my receipt.
Looks like they don't have Hebrew

I mean when scanning from my phone. When it's a long receipt, I can't fit the entire receipt in the camera view, so I'd either need to take multiple images, or be able to move the camera down the receipt (like panorama mode)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:54 pm

Looks like they don't have Hebrew

I mean when scanning from my phone. When it's a long receipt, I can't fit the entire receipt in the camera view, so I'd either need to take multiple images, or be able to move the camera down the receipt (like panorama mode)
how long is your receipt? hehe just select "document" then take a photo, or take multiple photos, with content Recognition, you should be able to locate it anyways.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

how long is your receipt? hehe just select "document" then take a photo, or take multiple photos, with content Recognition, you should be able to locate it anyways.
I'll have to do multiple photos - that's what I was afraid of
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:59 pm

I'll have to do multiple photos - that's what I was afraid of
if you have lots of receipts coming on a regular basis, I highly recommend the Evernote Scansnap, it was a bit pricy for me but turned out to be one of the best purchases I have ever made, pricy but handy.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I just linked my Brother multifunction printer to Evernote so I can upload scans directly to it.

Also I can scan over Wifi to my iMac or just have it email a scan.

Then I could upload the image to Evernote. Many options available looks like.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

if you have lots of receipts coming on a regular basis, I highly recommend the Evernote Scansnap, it was a bit pricy for me but turned out to be one of the best purchases I have ever made, pricy but handy.
Any knowledge on how it compares to Neat Receipts? (Especially the $179 one)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:11 pm

Any knowledge on how it compares to Neat Receipts? (Especially the $179 one)
I am not familiar with neat receipts sorry but from the reviews on amazon, neat receipts seems have lots of complaints, if you have any concerns about scansnap, I would be happy to answer you as I have been using the evernote edition scansnap for a long time, I compared two from hardware specs and software designs, I think ScanSnap gets my vote.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:02 pm

Lots of Evernote users here, but I much prefer Onenote.
Used to be an Evernote Premium user for years, but I find Onenote much easier to work with, much easier to pull info out of, much easier to get info into, and much easier to work with.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm currently using CamScanner Pro. I like how it crops and enhances scans to make everything easier to read. One thing it doesn't do it allow for multiple receipts to take up one page; that means I'm submitting a 15 to 20-page PDF file to my company's bookkeepers of my expenses.

So, basically, I'm looking for a receipt scanner that...

1. Crops and enhances like it does in CamScanner.
2. Allows you to fit multiple scans onto one page.
3. Works on Android.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
For IOS based Evernote users, get the Scanable App. It is absolutley Fantastic. It auto crops and flattens the images you scan.

On the Android side, i'm still looking for a scanning App I like. I've settled on just using the built in scanner in Google Drive for now.

MS Office lens on Android stinks as it won't do multi-page PDFs.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Are any of these good at OCR so you can search through them later?

And they store on the cloud rather than locally?

I guess Evernote does these things but they're always cutting features and who knows how long they will be around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.