New iPad Air 2

Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:26 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
New iPad Air 2

Has anyone ordered this yet?

Thinking of getting it for my partner before our anniversary trip next month.

Any place to get a discount off the standard price? I am looking for the 64 Space Gray non-cellular model.

I can order at Best Buy or directly from Apple.... any other places that would have any type of discount or add on?

Thanks,
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apple doesn't let retailers discount much, if at all. Just buy from Apple and be done with it. Enjoy!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Heck, I would even take a gift card.... Not picky... just hate paying retail for anything... not the FT way!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Maybe try to snag some extra Ultimate Rewards points or discount through ebates or similar sites?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Do you have an Ipad 2 or newer iPad? Best buy is offering 200$ for the Trade-in. The older iPad Air's are only 359/399 for 16/32 GB at Micro Center. Might be worth a buy if TouchID and A8 dont appeal to you.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, he has suffered with the original iPad.

No longer acceptable!
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:14 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

New iPad Air 2

Staples. UR portal plus chase ink. Costco and Walmart do tend to discount a bit but supplies at launch tend to be limited and honestly the discount is usually somewhere on the order of 3%.

Fdw
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I think Apple often sells for 5% less on their student/teacher portal. Not sure if it's always available right away.

I tend to shy away from new software/hardware releases. 3-4 months is my normal buy time after initial release. That saying, my ipad2, that I'm using now, was part of the first run, and I've been pretty happy. Of course it was free, so I can't complain much.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:12 am

Thought about keeping the iPad for sentimental reasons? After all, it is the first iPad and maybe it will be worth alot one day.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
Thought about keeping the iPad for sentimental reasons? After all, it is the first iPad and maybe it will be worth alot one day.
Sure, like the 30 year old Macintoshes . . . MSRP $2,495 ($5,600 adjusted for inflation), current asking price $300
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Staples. UR portal plus chase ink.
1pt (everyday) + 2pt (UR portal) + 4pt (ink office store) = 7 UR pt per $. So minimum of 7% back, but probably closer to 10% to 15% if transfer to airlines/hotels programs. But I am not sure Staples will have the iPad Air 2 in stock before OP's trip.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
Sure, like the 30 year old Macintoshes . . . MSRP $2,495 ($5,600 adjusted for inflation), current asking price $300
Better than my 20 years old Sony Trinitron 21" CRT Monitor. MSRP $3500+, current value... -$20 because I will have to hire 2 people to haul it to junk.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Long running discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...re-itunes.html
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
?costco
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Just tossing this in here:

Any particular reason why you would buy the wifi-only model when you will be traveling? Having that cellular capability is great when traveling. I used my Mini last year traveling through Italy. I bought the ATT model at the Apple Store (no T-Mo at that time). I didn't activate it on ATT - didn't want to. When I got to Rome, I bought a SIM at the TIM store and activated it there - had a great time being able to use it to send things, read email (hotel wifi was dreadfully SLOW), use it as my GPS to drive from Rome up into Umbria and Tuscany. I didn't have to find a wifi-enabled place, just use my cellular. Now, when I'm home, I can use it on my wifi or at some local establishments that give free wifi. But, I loved the freedom of being able to switch between wifi or cellular.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.