Wiki Posts
Search

Voice / text forwarding

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Voice / text forwarding

I've got an unlocked iPhone, Google Voice, etc. I'll be on a trip and I'd like to do the following:

-Get a local SIM with data
-Forward all calls and texts from my USA number to the phone somehow and answer with VOIP or a low cost for me no cost for the caller service so that they can interact with me as if I were at home using my normal SIM.

Is this possible? I know Google currently forwards all calls directed at my GV number to my cell phone, I'd essentially like to do the opposite but I'm not sure it's possible. I don't want to make any changes to my cell service plan.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I use Kall8 it has an 800 type number that will forward to any cell or line land in the world. it cost me $2.00 /month for the number plus a per/min charge depending on where you are. Of course I use Skype to call back home or to my clients back in the states. As far as text go I use whatsApp to text around the world.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please check out the existing threads.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ravelling.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ile-phone.html

I'll close this one - if the OP would like it reopened to discuss an aspect of this not yet broached, please let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.